Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly 0% chance I would have done that.

Depends where you are at. E.g., in "other europe" you pay for the car and pay for the transport and wait a week to see your car. If you have any issues worth bothering about, you book service in your nearest country with Tesla service. For example my interim Model 3, I didn't bother algning panels or flushing door handles.

Reactions: JoTsao and Magik9
Picked up my LR X today! :) I miss the good old days when delivery was a lot more personal though.

First drive and car definitely feels more solid than my 2017 75D and lot faster too!

I think I got the old rear screen but need to compare to our plaid. My vin is 3729xx. Have a hood gap and passenger side FWD gap issue that need to have Tesla address plus a couple small scratches. Car was kinda dirty too and it started raining so need to inspect more tomorrow. Also, I didn't know the charging port changed to be like the 3/Y!

Here’s your occasional reminders
1) it is ABSURDLY BEYOND WORTH waiting for your model X
2) get FSD. It is totally awesome (yes still occasionally not perfect).
And
3) if you don’t need seven seats and you want real performance you DEFINITELY should get a plaid (money aside). The LR is powerful, quick, totally awesome, but has no punch. Like, at all.

To be clear I am completely in love with my X but if I were to buy again I would strongly consider Plaid.

Reactions: timberlights
Here’s your occasional reminders
1) it is ABSURDLY BEYOND WORTH waiting for your model X
2) get FSD. It is totally awesome (yes still occasionally not perfect).
And
3) if you don’t need seven seats and you want real performance you DEFINITELY should get a plaid (money aside). The LR is powerful, quick, totally awesome, but has no punch. Like, at all.

To be clear I am completely in love with my X but if I were to buy again I would strongly consider Plaid.
I personally think it isn’t just the seven seats for plaid but also the fact that you can’t fold down the seats. Sometimes I just need that little bit more space. I also don’t really need the power so I think LR would be fine (still waiting for mine)

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Tz00
I personally think it isn’t just the seven seats for plaid but also the fact that you can’t fold down the seats. Sometimes I just need that little bit more space. I also don’t really need the power so I think LR would be fine (still waiting for mine)
That’s a good point. I do really like how mine fold down (just got the Tesmanian seat backing and floor mats).

Finally the (probably world record) wait comes to an end. It will be 2 years, 1 month and 14 days (in total 774 days) when I will pick up my model X tomorrow in Germany. Saw it being offloaded today. What a beauty. Will report about one of the first deliveries in Europe and let you know about the quality etc.
833B6DBA-9FF7-454F-A0B9-CA00C91B56FB.jpeg

took delivery of my mx lr 2 weeks ago. ordered 7/1/2021. no fsd.

boy the quality issues are plenty.
panel gaps, misaligned hood, paint chips (can literally see the metal underneath, wtf), black specks within the paint (!? how did this even get past qc man).

didn't help that the pickup was inside a garage and quite dark.

waiting on service center appointment july 5th to fix all these.
Did they fix your hood? Just picked up my LR X this weekend and have same issue.

Today I got a call from the local SC. It was the first time they called me. All my previous interactions have been through text messages. The agent was beyond nice. She said that a car matching my order was suddenly available and she asked if I wanted it assigned to me. She was very kind that she shared the VIN number with me to let me know before actually assigning it, PF365xxx. Knowing that the number is relatively old with a manufacturing date of 10/4, I asked her to skip it. She did tell me that more inventory is on the way. There was another one just off the factory line last week that had the 22" wheels and I didn't want to pay an additional $5500 for them though. I am getting super excited. This was the most significant update in a long time.