Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost same experience - got the text on Monday about similar builds, then got assigned VIN 375XXX on Wednesday. Picking up Friday, 5-seater LR, want that new screen, sounds like odds are good based on what I've been reading. Just discovered this forum, what a great resource.
I got this text yesterday, Saturday, saying my build wont be available before December (current EDD, Jan 3 - Feb 7), but there is offer for 10k miles if I take delivery before December and I can choose from available inventory. I shared my requirements and they found one that is closer to the build but 300miles away where I need to go pick it up. So I asked for its VIN and build date but got no answer yet.

Fingers crossed I also get a new VIN for my exact build soon, however given that I am in WA, I don't think the before end of Dec delivery would be possible.

For those that have gotten loans through Tower FCU, when did you apply? Before getting a VIN or after? If what I read earlier about Tower being very slow and could take up to 30 days to fund the loan, I am worried that if I get a VIN assigned I may not have enough time before my delivery window. On the other hand, the loan approval is only good for 30 days before they would have to do another credit report pull. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
I had a bad experience with Tower FCU. First I applied with Tesla got approve in less than an Hour with $100K loan approval with 4.99% (72 months). I checked Tower and they advertised a lower Interest rate of 3.49% (72 months). Tower fcu took full 1 week to reply and approved only $35,000 with 4.99% (72 months). and they Said the Loan to Value ratio is over 125% so they can't give a loan of more than $35,000. Not sure they are even reading the applications correctly. I applied for a Model X LR

So I ended up picking my X yesterday even though I wanted to reject. I was told if you reject twice then the order will be cancelled. Not too happy with Tesla practices. So far noticed scratches/dents on passenger side door, dent on spoiler, clicking sound when stepping on the floorboard in the back seat, and some wrinkles in seats.

Also does anyone know if this is normal for the front windshield camera? I never noticed those orange lines before in other cars but maybe I never paid attention. Seems like some parts are more faint then others.

IMG_2931.jpg

Last edited:
Those are heating elements but don't think you're supposed to see them like that. Mine doesn't have them like that. Also my MVPA said like 30 more miles than mine had. Seems to be inaccurate at best. My car had like 14 miles on it at delivery MVPA said 40.

Those are heating elements but don't think you're supposed to see them like that. Mine doesn't have them like that. Also my MVPA said like 30 more miles than mine had. Seems to be inaccurate at best. My car had like 14 miles on it at delivery MVPA said 40.
SA had confirmed 84 was accurate as was on the MVPA. Definitely had some work done on it. Hopefully my next dice role is better.