Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems as so this thread, which was once incredibly active, has died simply because there is now no wait for an X in the US. A serious price cut must be imminent.
They have only just started deliveries to Europe, China will be next and Right hand drive markets sometime after that - they have had no S/X deliveries for years.

Whilst they are filling capacity in those markets I doubt they will be in a rush to drop US prices?

I'm hoping this indicates changes coming soon to the X. Waiting for Investors Day I guess to remove my hold on my vehicle now. Tesla always makes you (me) feel like this but the next change for the X is surely just around the corner... I hope. HW4? Matrix Headlights? Something else?
Now that I got mine I hope it's current for at least a few months. LOL. You are all welcome in advance for the incoming updates.

• Funny
Reactions: COsborn11
It seems as so this thread, which was once incredibly active, has died simply because there is now no wait for an X in the US. A serious price cut must be imminent.
Well it is called the "Model X and Model X Plaid WAITING ROOM" thus if there is no wait there isn't much of a reason for the waiting room. But some of us OG still pop in from time to time.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and EV3_
Yes, still waiting. May 2022 MXP order. As of 3 days ago, the EDD is now "TBD" on Tesla.com; app shows nothing. HD Radar incoming?
You have a Plaid order in? Tesla SA told me if I put a Plaid order in I’ll be assigned a VIN almost immediately with their inventory of them being high. So when I placed my order he had me order as X LR so I could have a hold placed until March 1. Weird if you aren’t getting a VIN with an X Plaid order, they are in stock in “huge” quantities in the Seattle area.

You have a Plaid order in? Tesla SA told me if I put a Plaid order in I’ll be assigned a VIN almost immediately with their inventory of them being high. So when I placed my order he had me order as X LR so I could have a hold placed until March 1. Weird if you aren’t getting a VIN with an X Plaid order, they are in stock in “huge” quantities in the Seattle area.

There were only 4 in the entire Bay Area a few days ago; none matched my configuration. Now there are 0. I think they paused producing them and are just waiting for the inventory to clear out wherever they are for whatever is coming next.

Well it is called the "Model X and Model X Plaid WAITING ROOM" thus if there is no wait there isn't much of a reason for the waiting room. But some of us OG still pop in from time to time.
This waiting room was a major source of entertainment, therapy, and routine as the wait went on and on. I really kind of miss it.

"It is better to want something than to have it..."

Nope.

The car is better.

Everyone says it is worth the wait and when you get it you won't remember the waiting. Based on a true story I guess.

For grins, I just configured an X identical to mine, and it could be mine in under 60 days. Reassuring if something happens to the starship.

Any other "old timers" monitoring the thread? How is it going? (I don't have the courage to ask @Stro ...

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr