Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way to place an order on hold? I'm on the fence now as I have an X and the current ones seem.... meh. It was supposed to be here last year and now that it didn't, the registration is much more, like thousands more.

When I asked my service center if there was a way to put it on hold they said no because my EDD was last year and they can't hold past the EDD.

It seems as so this thread, which was once incredibly active, has died simply because there is now no wait for an X in the US. A serious price cut must be imminent.

Well it is called the "Model X and Model X Plaid WAITING ROOM" thus if there is no wait there isn't much of a reason for the waiting room. But some of us OG still pop in from time to time.
This has been an excellent and useful thread and it's pace has certainly slowed as shown in the graph. It has clearly been a source of both information and moral support for the many who had been waiting, and for those who still are.

So, what will the next big thread be?
1673022446350.png

Is there any way to place an order on hold? I'm on the fence now as I have an X and the current ones seem.... meh. It was supposed to be here last year and now that it didn't, the registration is much more, like thousands more.

When I asked my service center if there was a way to put it on hold they said no because my EDD was last year and they can't hold past the EDD.
If it were me I would go forward and proceed with the order at a discounted price, even with a price drop you would likely come out ahead. If it’s not discounted then I would say just cancel, $250 gone but prices certainly aren’t about to go up so you’re not locking in anything good imo.

Plus I still think more changes are coming. New cameras? Where are X Matrix headlights? Etc.

This has been an excellent and useful thread and it's pace has certainly slowed as shown in the graph. It has clearly been a source of both information and moral support for the many who had been waiting, and for those who still are.

So, what will the next big thread be?
View attachment 893026
Cybertruck waiting room.
Edit: oh and btw if you’re waiting for your X, get FSD. It’s incredible (I didn’t say perfect). And plaid if you want punch.

Reactions: neo1738
New options/features just dropped:
Wheel is now an option over yoke. (Same price)
Tesla T is gone from the back
Red calipers for Plaid
Tesla T is gone? What the… ? I am proud of my Tesla T.
Round steering wheels are not my thing but I realize some people cannot tolerate change or sincerely (IMO mistakenly) think the round wheel is important. YMMV on that I guess. ✌️

This waiting room was a major source of entertainment, therapy, and routine as the wait went on and on. I really kind of miss it.

"It is better to want something than to have it..."

Nope.

The car is better.

Everyone says it is worth the wait and when you get it you won't remember the waiting. Based on a true story I guess.

For grins, I just configured an X identical to mine, and it could be mine in under 60 days. Reassuring if something happens to the starship.

Any other "old timers" monitoring the thread? How is it going? (I don't have the courage to ask @Stro ...
Model X is absolutely better than waiting for it lol. 😍

Reactions: bmah and EV3_
Long time lurker, but sharing in case this helps someone else.
Took delivery on Dec 24, ordered May 22 - LR 6 seater.
Car was pretty flawless on delivery outside of minor issues with rubber seals in a few places.
There were two small scratches, you really have to look close to spot them (see the picture)
Took the car into service to get the rubber seals fixes as well as the paint, they said the paint needed a few weeks in the shop to fix or if I was okay not fixing it, they'd comp me with accessories they have in stock. Unfortunately they didn't have the all weather mats (~$300 value), but they did give me a mobile connector(https://shop.tesla.com/product/mobile-connector) and the NEMA adapter kit (https://shop.tesla.com/product/nema-adapter-bundle) ~ $500 in value.
Sharing this because this paint scratch was small enough that I would have happily ignored it and not brought it in, but now I'm glad the car had it :)

Attachments

• IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0533.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 81