Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Massive price drop for the Model X! Hope my trade in didn't go down too much, but looks like "only" $120k for a Plaid now. Awesome! My exact config down $21k (?) it looks like!
Well sheee-at…..now I DO wish I’d waited, sigh…

Reminds me of buying an 85 inch TV in 2018 - I swear the next year was the turning point for that size price-wise. Oh well, first world problems, right?

Here is the most recent price drop as well as the previous increases.

1673583758825.png

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Why? You will get the lowered price automaticall.

No, I was already in the delivery window with docs approved.

I had a host of other reasons as well, was planning on a cancellation for a while now. When they told me I could not open the car to inspect, that was the last straw.

I used to look forward to a Tesla delivery, but Tesla ruined that for me.

Reactions: croman
Here is the most recent price drop as well as the previous increases
[table of prices]
Note that the plaid is now only $3,500 more than the LR if you want the 6-seat configuration (which is included in the plaid but is +$6,500 in the LR).
At this delta I would probably have ordered the plaid for the carbon fiber interior, which you can't get in the LR!

I texted the sales support number and asked for a reduction in my MXP order price that's due for delivery next week so that I could reapply for a loan. They replied within an hour, but they also raised the FSD price to $15,000 up from the $12,000 that it was in May last year when I ordered the car. Here's a screenshot showing the current price and the loan rate of 5.34%. Loan rate would be the same for any number of payment months.
Screenshot_20230112_232132_Tesla.jpg

I just got my first opportunity to fart around with the back seat screen in a 6-seater with the updated slim-bezel screen. It's a bigger improvement over the previous screen I tried in an early plaid than I realized. In the Plaid S it seemed just the wrong side of undersized but the new one is just about right for video, still too small and far away for small kids to easily use without unbuckling, but it's an improvement.

Anyway, hope they fix my stupid front axle noise this time, I'm at my wit's end with this car. Why do they have to be so good at everything most of the time?

I gotta say I'd be tempted if they get back to early 2021 pricing now that the wheel is an option

I have been thinking of that too. Makes a lot more sense since there I am no longer gettting 'savings ' from buying outright
There is literally no difference (at this time) between subscribing and buying FSD. You get the same product at the same time. As the price of fsd goes up more and more people will subscribe. We got an MX Plaid in September 2022 before that price increase of fsd so we paid the 12k. But at 15k I wouldn't do it. Another option is buying EAP and paying for the cheaper FSD subscription. Get more money back and still get a nice feature.

Reactions: EEORed