Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I am not mistaken, Brembo supplies all brakes for Tesla but they are NOT what I would call racing carbon ceramic brakes that you would find on Ferraris. Same supplier, completely different specs.
Yes I understand. I think I am just focusing on the red/black caliper aspect of it. Tesla has always used red calipers on the performance models, until the Plaid. But that car is now shown with red again?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes I understand. I think I am just focusing on the red/black caliper aspect of it. Tesla has always used red calipers on the performance models, until the Plaid. But that car is now shown with red again?
This is very likely an early prototype. For example refresh Model Ss with the old silver Tempest wheels and tilting screen are still being spotted, but it is clear they are older and not new. Likely these are high mileage prototypes continuously testing for longevity.

Reactions: jebinc
I recently joined the group after hearing from Rob M. Congratulations @sunnyvaletree! I see LR is delivered before Plaid. A little disappointed that I have to wait for longer. I have Red/Cream Plaid 6 22” FSD on order. Hoping for delivery next month by the 14th. (Short visit back. Out of the country on an assignment) I can’t remember the order date but sometime back in February. What are my chances? 😩

I recently joined the group after hearing from Rob M. Congratulations @sunnyvaletree! I see LR is delivered before Plaid. A little disappointed that I have to wait for longer. I have Red/Cream Plaid 6 22” FSD on order. Hoping for delivery next month by the 14th. (Short visit back. Out of the country on an assignment) I can’t remember the order date but sometime back in February. What are my chances? 😩
welcome in

What seat configuration do you have? 5, 6 or 7? Also, when did you place your order?

Does anyone else besides me find it awkward when trying to describe the very important matters discussed herein to friends or family members? I can't quite get my wife to share the joy I feel when some guy across the country posts a VIN of his car on TMC. I see the glazed look in her eyes as I try to explain to her the significance of this or that event, as I explain: "No really, thousands of people have been waiting for so long for a shred of information on their Model X, and now there's a guy who has a VIN!". Almost feels like there's a TMC world and the rest of the world.

Just wondering if it's just me....
At last, there are things that "women can't understand". It has always been reverse!

Ordered Tesla Model X (5 seater) in October 2020. Got a call from Tesla a few days ago with the offer to pick up one of the first cars, but I refused since they all had 6 seats instead of 5 that I ordered.

Normally, 6 seater costs $6,500 more. But @sunnyvaletree got his 6 seater even cheaper than the price of my 5 seater. It means that he got 6 seater with the price of 5 seater. This makes me think if I should accept their offer to change 5 seats to 6 seats for free. (I didn't know that it was free.) What do you recommend?