Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like the SA is referring to new orders. Tesla’s site shows Est delivery date of Oct-Nov for anything new. Existing orders before earnings call should be Q3.
Well, Q3 essentially means September - not a big leap ahead Oct-Nov. Where did you hear Q3? I heard that (if) deliveries of the S start in May then X would start a month thereafter.

To think that production has been down for roughly 6 months sounds almost insane.

In either case, it means I have to rethink how I'm going to deal with the next few months as my lease is up next week.

Last edited:
Well, Q3 essentially means September - not a big leap ahead Oct-Nov. Where did you hear Q3? I heard that (if) deliveries of the S start in May then X would start a month thereafter.

To think that production has been down for roughly 6 months sounds almost insane.

In either case, it means I have to rethink how I'm going to deal with the next few months as my lease is up next week.
Nah. I think we'll see plenty roll out in July. I hope Tesla is finally learning to be a little more pessimistic with their estimates.

Cadillac Lyriq as alternative looking pretty good alternative now. Pre-orders open Sept. I will probably do that too, keep X order and decide later, assuming deposit isn't too large and non-refundable. Spouse thinks its a much prettier design. I know its a 2022 vehicle but rarely see lines at CCS/ChaDemo chargers and experience longer SuperCharger lines on my M3.

THIS close to canceling my order. This isn't a car company. It's a gambling outlet. Insert $100 to play. What you get is a chance to PERHAPS win to pay them another $140k to get their crappy vehicle if and when they figure out how to make it.
Covid shut down their factories for several months and the factories of their suppliers. Their GIGA factory in Austin will be making some of the plaid models and is nearly up and running. Their freemont factory is currently producing plaid models, but they are doing double and tripple checks on the production quality. They don't want to spend money on returns/rentals to fix manufacturing defects.

• Disagree
Reactions: boonedocks
Nah. I think we'll see plenty roll out in July. I hope Tesla is finally learning to be a little more pessimistic with their estimates.
I have a seriously hard time believing that. If so, they wouldn't have suggested March deliveries - or at least would have corrected since then. Musk's response leaves a lot to be desired.

As others have said, I'll believe it when VINs and deliveries start happening. Until then, a pessimistic view of Tesla's announcements has been earned.

Reactions: Harvey Danger

Q3 is July thru Sept. Musk mentioned early Q3 on the earnings call. My order still shows June so hopefully that means July at the latest.

Interestingly, the portion on my account where it asks for insurance proof has disappeared as of today. Not sure if that’s a glitch or not. Submitted my insurance in early February and have had financing done since then as well. I’m one of the 113 reservations from last year with a “estimated delivery-“

Interestingly, the portion on my account where it asks for insurance proof has disappeared as of today. Not sure if that’s a glitch or not. Submitted my insurance in early February and have had financing done since then as well. I’m one of the 113 reservations from last year with a “estimated delivery-“
Yeah, they had a front-end update for their site. At least for that part of the site. So mine now says "Preparing for Delivery" even though it's nowhere close. And still shows April.

Reactions: ICUdoc30
Is there a way to find out MX reservations from last year ?

Interesting as that's the first time in a long time that I've seen the first gigapress in the flyover actually active. VERY hard to distinguish whether there's any Model S in any of the lots that might suggest some production occurring.
Looks like there are a few of them there. Check out row A5.

1620089235586.jpg

Mine disappeared the other day too. It was replaced by a prompt to enter my insurance agents name, phone number and current policy number instead. Since in MA you can't get insurance until you get a VIN assigned, this makes more sense and at least suggests there is a chance Tesla could possibly take care of the end-game process of getting an insurance binder for delivery. In theory...