Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man I´m still looking for evidence that those 5 deliveries were real :rolleyes: 5 new owners, and NON of them has any interest whatsoever of posting anything anywhere about how the car is, yes that's you @sunnyvaletree,I'm talking to you🤠
Seriously and I can’t believe that one of the YouTube sharks has gotten to them yet to film the car. Tesla found the 5 most incognito people possible.

Pre-refresh order for Model X here. Updated to six seater. Sharing my wife’s car currently. Ordered a Y a few months ago because I was unsure if the X would ever come. Got my VIN for the Y today. What to do?
Don’t settle! If you can afford the X comfortably get it…. 6 seater is right around the corner. I rode in my friends Y the other day and the suspension felt like being in an old rickety wooden roller coaster compared to the X….. Tesla should be ashamed of themselves putting that suspension in a $60k car.

Reactions: Vitaman
EDD mean nothing until they have a range showing. Why would you cancel now when you are just a few months from delivery?
I’m not canceling. There’s no point. But I’m open to other brands now. Before last week, I wouldn’t have thought that was possible. I’ll decide what to do with the X once I get a real delivery day. At this point I’m not confident in any date they provide, and certainly don’t believe that it will be January. If I actually get the car and there’s a misaligned panel or a flake of dust in the paint, I think I will probably go completely insane. There’s no way this is going to end well.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
have you seen what used 2018s and 2019s are going for? you will not lose money, you can make so much in the used market right now... I would 100% sell the 2019 and keep the refresh. Unless someone makes you an offer you can't refuse on the refresh which is certainly possible given the delays and price increases.

Im in the market for a 2018-2020 X with EAP or FSD under $85

May 5th 2021 order for LR 5 seater. Black/Black, 20”, no FSD. Have January EDD since yesterday. Thinking of switching to 6 seater if I get a “call” but for a differential reason. I’m concerned that standard 5 seater is under 6000 lb and will prohibit accelerated depreciation. 6 or 7 seater maybe heavy enough to take it over 6K lb. Does it make sense?

May 5th 2021 order for LR 5 seater. Black/Black, 20”, no FSD. Have January EDD since yesterday. Thinking of switching to 6 seater if I get a “call” but for a differential reason. I’m concerned that standard 5 seater is under 6000 lb and will prohibit accelerated depreciation. 6 or 7 seater maybe heavy enough to take it over 6K lb. Does it make sense?
Doesn’t matter. All Model X’s are well over 6k, regardless of seating configuration.

Reactions: TWENT2

Attachments

• 908B56BD-CCD0-4BF5-86A4-BAA129177CEC.png
    908B56BD-CCD0-4BF5-86A4-BAA129177CEC.png
    309.5 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: niogyn
Hi everyone, well tonight I got the call. I ordered a Model X LR black/black 7 seater, FSD on Jan 31st. It originally showed April, then Sept, then January, then Nothing and now back to January. I ordered a Model X Plaid same set up as above on October 15th. I got a call today at 5:17 pm. They left a message on my phone and texted me. "Hey Richard, this is Rudy from Tesla. Wanted to touch base in regards to your Tesla Model X order. Please give me a call back promptly". I called back and his mail box was full. I sent a message back saying I tried to call and his voice mail was full. Approx. 10 min later he called me back. He said if I switch to the 6 seater I should have it by Dec/Jan. If I don't I wouldn't likely get my 7 seater until March/April. I told him my account says January for my 7 seater now and he said that is going to change soon to March/April. I asked if I had time to think about it and he said I would have until 8pm est tomorrow. I asked him about my plaid order. He said I would not get it until Mid to Late summer. I spoke with my wife and decided to go ahead and switch. Like everyone else it is going to cost me 3k more to switch. I called and again got voice mail which I couldn't leave a message. I sent a text saying I wanted to go ahead and switch. About 2 hrs later I received a call back from Rudy to confirm I wanted to switch to the 6 seater. He said it would take 24-48 hrs to show up on my account. I also asked him to clarify the time frame on my plaid order. I asked him if mid to late summer was due to recently ordering my plaid and he said no. they would start delivering the Model X plaid at that time. I also asked him if I was looking more like December for my long range and he said that a lot of people have switched already so realistically it would most likely be January.

Don’t settle! If you can afford the X comfortably get it…. 6 seater is right around the corner. I rode in my friends Y the other day and the suspension felt like being in an old rickety wooden roller coaster compared to the X….. Tesla should be ashamed of themselves putting that suspension in a $60k car.
Yah, I will definitely take the X. My problem is not having a car now. If the X is going to be here in the next month then I can deal with it, but if we are talking January then I’d take the Y now and sell it once the X came. Just a lot of hassle and extra cost if we are only talking about a month. But of course with good ol' no communication Tesla, you just don’t ever know.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hi everyone, well tonight I got the call. I ordered a Model X LR black/black 7 seater, FSD on Jan 31st. It originally showed April, then Sept, then January, then Nothing and now back to January. I ordered a Model X Plaid same set up as above on October 15th. I got a call today at 5:17 pm. They left a message on my phone and texted me. "Hey Richard, this is Rudy from Tesla. Wanted to touch base in regards to your Tesla Model X order. Please give me a call back promptly". I called back and his mail box was full. I sent a message back saying I tried to call and his voice mail was full. Approx. 10 min later he called me back. He said if I switch to the 6 seater I should have it by Dec/Jan. If I don't I wouldn't likely get my 7 seater until March/April. I told him my account says January for my 7 seater now and he said that is going to change soon to March/April. I asked if I had time to think about it and he said I would have until 8pm est tomorrow. I asked him about my plaid order. He said I would not get it until Mid to Late summer. I spoke with my wife and decided to go ahead and switch. Like everyone else it is going to cost me 3k more to switch. I called and again got voice mail which I couldn't leave a message. I sent a text saying I wanted to go ahead and switch. About 2 hrs later I received a call back from Rudy to confirm I wanted to switch to the 6 seater. He said it would take 24-48 hrs to show up on my account. I also asked him to clarify the time frame on my plaid order. I asked him if mid to late summer was due to recently ordering my plaid and he said no. they would start delivering the Model X plaid at that time. I also asked him if I was looking more like December for my long range and he said that a lot of people have switched already so realistically it would most likely be January.
I just don't know what to believe anymore. Every SA has a different story.