Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Praise sweet Baby X, they put EDD on the splash screen of the iOS app.

Attachments

• 3D35E100-4F07-463A-AEF5-9577F6A2E946.jpeg
    3D35E100-4F07-463A-AEF5-9577F6A2E946.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 86
Pre-refresh order for Model X here. Updated to six seater. Sharing my wife’s car currently. Ordered a Y a few months ago because I was unsure if the X would ever come. Got my VIN for the Y today. What to do?
When exactly did you upgrade? I have no idea what I’m talking about but sort of feels like any upgrades within the last week may slip into January anything in the prior week very likely December…

When exactly did you upgrade? I have no idea what I’m talking about but sort of feels like any upgrades within the last week may slip into January anything in the prior week very likely December…
Upgraded last week and I’m a January pre-refresh order so I’ve got to believe I’m near the front of the line. If deliveries start in November, I’ve got to believe I’d get mine by end of November………wait, I’m trying to use logic to predict Tesla. Epic fail

Hi everyone, well tonight I got the call. I ordered a Model X LR black/black 7 seater, FSD on Jan 31st. It originally showed April, then Sept, then January, then Nothing and now back to January. I ordered a Model X Plaid same set up as above on October 15th. I got a call today at 5:17 pm. They left a message on my phone and texted me. "Hey Richard, this is Rudy from Tesla. Wanted to touch base in regards to your Tesla Model X order. Please give me a call back promptly". I called back and his mail box was full. I sent a message back saying I tried to call and his voice mail was full. Approx. 10 min later he called me back. He said if I switch to the 6 seater I should have it by Dec/Jan. If I don't I wouldn't likely get my 7 seater until March/April. I told him my account says January for my 7 seater now and he said that is going to change soon to March/April. I asked if I had time to think about it and he said I would have until 8pm est tomorrow. I asked him about my plaid order. He said I would not get it until Mid to Late summer. I spoke with my wife and decided to go ahead and switch. Like everyone else it is going to cost me 3k more to switch. I called and again got voice mail which I couldn't leave a message. I sent a text saying I wanted to go ahead and switch. About 2 hrs later I received a call back from Rudy to confirm I wanted to switch to the 6 seater. He said it would take 24-48 hrs to show up on my account. I also asked him to clarify the time frame on my plaid order. I asked him if mid to late summer was due to recently ordering my plaid and he said no. they would start delivering the Model X plaid at that time. I also asked him if I was looking more like December for my long range and he said that a lot of people have switched already so realistically it would most likely be January.
This is the crap that scares me. First they are saying November-December and now they are telling someone who switched to the six seater they are looking at December-January. That means February/March in Tesla Time. 😓

Just got the call from Tesla.
Original order: 03/15/2021, MSM 7 Seats, 20” wheels, no FSD, black interiors, Southern California.
I was asked to update to 6 seats, to get it early next year. I asked if there’s a possibility to get it by year end. I was told, chances are low, but not 0. So, there’s a chance.
I wanted to update to 6 seats regardless, as it makes more sense for my needs. So, I agreed to the change.

Just got the call from Tesla.
Original order: 03/15/2021, MSM 7 Seats, 20” wheels, no FSD, black interiors, Southern California.
I was asked to update to 6 seats, to get it early next year. I asked if there’s a possibility to get it by year end. I was told, chances are low, but not 0. So, there’s a chance.
I wanted to update to 6 seats regardless, as it makes more sense for my needs. So, I agreed to the change.
“I was asked to update to 6 seats, to get it early next year”. Oh “Sugar”!! This is starting to smell like a “sugar” show

Hi everyone, well tonight I got the call. I ordered a Model X LR black/black 7 seater, FSD on Jan 31st. It originally showed April, then Sept, then January, then Nothing and now back to January. I ordered a Model X Plaid same set up as above on October 15th. I got a call today at 5:17 pm. They left a message on my phone and texted me. "Hey Richard, this is Rudy from Tesla. Wanted to touch base in regards to your Tesla Model X order. Please give me a call back promptly". I called back and his mail box was full. I sent a message back saying I tried to call and his voice mail was full. Approx. 10 min later he called me back. He said if I switch to the 6 seater I should have it by Dec/Jan. If I don't I wouldn't likely get my 7 seater until March/April. I told him my account says January for my 7 seater now and he said that is going to change soon to March/April. I asked if I had time to think about it and he said I would have until 8pm est tomorrow. I asked him about my plaid order. He said I would not get it until Mid to Late summer. I spoke with my wife and decided to go ahead and switch. Like everyone else it is going to cost me 3k more to switch. I called and again got voice mail which I couldn't leave a message. I sent a text saying I wanted to go ahead and switch. About 2 hrs later I received a call back from Rudy to confirm I wanted to switch to the 6 seater. He said it would take 24-48 hrs to show up on my account. I also asked him to clarify the time frame on my plaid order. I asked him if mid to late summer was due to recently ordering my plaid and he said no. they would start delivering the Model X plaid at that time. I also asked him if I was looking more like December for my long range and he said that a lot of people have switched already so realistically it would most likely be January.
Holy cow. This is terrible news for anyone that ordered a plaid if it’s true.

Lets do that, haha
Care if a “7 seater” order join? I may not be getting my Tesla that day but I don’t mind drinking some Teslaquila while drooling at your new Teslas!
Maybe as a simple exercise, they can apply the super computers to better estimate our delivery dates!! 😉
Gawd I live in the Bay Area and every time I get a call from a 510 area code and it’s not Tesla it’s excruciating
Me too....

• Funny
Reactions: niogyn and EV_LIFE
I’m replacing the headlight bulbs in the 20 year old Subaru Outback I’m currently driving (while my wife drives my 3P to work and gets it layered in bird crap). Who doesn’t love doing car maintenance?

ME! That’s who! Give me our X. I demand it! I crave a warranty!

So I just call the 888 Tesla number to see if I could get any info, the lady I spoke with did not know much and said that no Model X deliveries have taken place yet. how does she not know that some have been delivered if she works at Tesla?
Because internally they do not consider the 5 deliveries that took place as real delivery. It was more of a public show telling investors that they started delivery of the refresh X, with some pictures to prove. Ever since then, no other deliveries have been reported. The lady knows it.