Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine prior to the refresh announcement and updated it to plaid after the announcement. I have never had anything on my account to indicate an estimated delivery. After reading a few posts here, I checked my account and for the first time in months, and now it says estimated delivery: -

It is sad that this tiny little bit of a change on my account has actually caused a twinge of excitement.

There's 19 days left in the month, and there have been only a couple sightings of refreshed X's around Fremont? I think its a safe bet that no customer will take delivery in April. Maybe Steve Jurvetson will get his.

May or June? We would need to see more sightings on public roads, across the country, and soon. At least this has happened with the refreshed Model S.

Historically, I'm not concerned. Tesla has been overconfident with delivery dates stretching back to the original Roadster. Its best as a customer to have relaxed expectations.

Looking forward to real life pics and reviews. We want an X for likely October deliver so figure won’t have to order until Aug/Sep.
I'd recommend order now. You may not get until October. If, for some reason, you are offered a delivery earlier than you expect, you can always tell them you don't want to take delivery yet (kick the can down the road).

Reactions: Krash and travwill
Never had anything till now! Love it haha

Attachments

• D352BD89-331A-4902-97A6-D1E713C9AE00.jpeg
    D352BD89-331A-4902-97A6-D1E713C9AE00.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 108
View attachment 653114

Anyone else update from "cliffhanger" to "April" or another month this morning? I check every morning, was (pleasantly) surprised to see an estimate, let alone April!
Hope this is real and not some IT person playing . April Estimated Delivery was there when I refreshed order after 1/28 and disappeared to nothing till this weekend . Now it shows "Estimated Delivery".
when did you order ?

Hope this is real and not some IT person playing . April Estimated Delivery was there when I refreshed order after 1/28 and disappeared to nothing till this weekend . Now it shows "Estimated Delivery".
when did you order ?

February 8, originally just after ordering I saw April estimated delivery, then it disappeared completely (not even the words Estimated Delivery" were there) until it reappeared this morning with April.

ordered a model x long range a couple of days after the announcement (live in NY). originally said estimated delivery: april 1-may 1. then changed to april about a month ago. has stayed the same since.

i called the fremont showroom a few days ago. the salesperson said that hes not surprised that mine still said april bc historically they deliver to the east coast earlier in the quarter then west coast at the end for the end of the quarter rush. take it for what its worth lol its already april 12.

btw i havent seen any new model x test vehicles on the sites - any links/photos? thanks

ordered a model x long range a couple of days after the announcement (live in NY). originally said estimated delivery: april 1-may 1. then changed to april about a month ago. has stayed the same since.

i called the fremont showroom a few days ago. the salesperson said that hes not surprised that mine still said april bc historically they deliver to the east coast earlier in the quarter then west coast at the end for the end of the quarter rush. take it for what its worth lol its already april 12.

btw i havent seen any new model x test vehicles on the sites - any links/photos? thanks
Fwiw I’m west coast and mine says April too.

There's 19 days left in the month, and there have been only a couple sightings of refreshed X's around Fremont? I think its a safe bet that no customer will take delivery in April. Maybe Steve Jurvetson will get his.

May or June? We would need to see more sightings on public roads, across the country, and soon. At least this has happened with the refreshed Model S.

Historically, I'm not concerned. Tesla has been overconfident with delivery dates stretching back to the original Roadster. Its best as a customer to have relaxed expectations.
Why should we have relaxed expectations? These are really pricy cars and I can’t see Tesla continuing to do well once other companies get fully into the EV game if they keep this crap up. The build quality of their cars is not worth the wait and price. This comment is based on experience.

• Disagree
Reactions: skybluecgreen
Why should we have relaxed expectations? These are really pricy cars and I can’t see Tesla continuing to do well once other companies get fully into the EV game if they keep this crap up. The build quality of their cars is not worth the wait and price. This comment is based on experience.
I think the value for the price is way ahead of all other brands. I ordered my 5th personal Tesla, X plaid on 1/28/21. The four previous ones said 8-12 weeks for delivery East coast. All were in that window. I also ordered custom built Ford and GMC between 2015-2017 and those each took 14 weeks of the 10-12 weeks quoted. I have had no issues with build quality and not sure any other brand has sold every car they make within days to weeks off production line compared to months sitting on dealers lots.

Reactions: GSP and DIL
I think the value for the price is way ahead of all other brands. I ordered my 5th personal Tesla, X plaid on 1/28/21. The four previous ones said 8-12 weeks for delivery East coast. All were in that window. I also ordered custom built Ford and GMC between 2015-2017 and those each took 14 weeks of the 10-12 weeks quoted. I have had no issues with build quality and not sure any other brand has sold every car they make within days to weeks off production line compared to months sitting on dealers lots.
All three of my Tesla’s had fit and finish issues and are/were rattle traps. Little things like arm rest on my 3 wearing out after 30,000 miles is unacceptable for price. Feels cheep. I hope the X we placed an order for is better. Actually hoping something else my wife likes comes out before deliveries start so she can get something different.

I loved reading this last page of this thread, everyone seeing "April" and believing that is actually a possibility.

Friends take it from a guy who had "March" on his order for the delivery estimate of a new Model s, who, after 60 days and waiting all of March for that sweet, sweet VIN, got a "July" date 7 days into April. It ain't gonna happen.