Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless something has changed, all Xs come with the rear spoiler. Even my X75 came with the spoiler.

Yep, all MX's come with a fixed spoiler. It was only at the very beginning in 2016 that performance versions came with an active spoiler that retracted when the car was locked/off... and that ended after about 1 year (or less) it seems due to too many issues with them, etc.

My order still says November now. I'm game probably if my R1S doesn't come in November or before probably to go forward with another X. R1 is a bit bigger, quicker, and comparable range it seems so kinda hoping it delivers Aug-Oct at least.

Attachments

• xandriv.jpeg
    xandriv.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: SmartElectric
I agree... but, dude... an MX is not a "truck".... Now if you said minivan? Maybe.
Sorry about the truck thing. My Mercedes salesman always called my SUVs trucks which was irritating I agree, less so than minivan however. That’s because SUVs were/are regulated / licensed as trucks to get around much tighter federal and state emissions regulations for cars. So I wonder how MX is classified? My MY body type is LL whatever that means on the Texas registration and on the Elon-signed Certificate of Origin ( A GREAT souvenir! ).

Thanks. This is my first venture into it so a bit nervous - 1- range anxiety 2- interior not being as plush as the Merc and 3 — getting used to regenerative brakes. You have had an old one and you’re getting a new again. Great vote of confidence.
1 - Range anxiety is a concern, but Tesla does better than almost any other EV. Also the Supercharge network is vast and easier to use than any other network. To see this go to Go Anywhere | Tesla and punch in a few trips and Supercharger | Tesla to see chargers near you.

2 - The interior is not as plush as some cars, but that is the Tesla design aesthetic.

3 - Regen brakes will be something you will adapt to quickly. Once you get used to it, it becomes hard to drive without them.

Last edited:
1 - Range anxiety is a concern, but Tesla does better than almost any other EV. Also the Supercharge network is vast and easier to use than any other network. To see this go to Go Anywhere | Tesla and punch in a few trips and Supercharger | Tesla to see chargers near you.

2 - The interior is not as plush as some cars, but that is the Tesla design aesthetic.

3 - Regen brakes will be something you will adapt to quickly. Once you get used to it it becomes hard to drive without to drive without them.
Great idea; thanks, I’ll punch a few trips and see what a typical weekend day would look like.

Reactions: jboy210
After cancelling my order, ended up getting a low mileage 2018 P100D MX. I figure it's 70% of the car for 60% of the price. Will revisit in a couple of years when they, hopefully, get the new battery tech into the Model X.
Good deal and good plan!
Congrats too, you’re Xing!
Have you noticed any “shudder” on strong acceleration or unusual inside tire wear like is reported elsewhere

Realize I’m just a tire kicker and I didn’t place a refresh MX order... I sold my 2020 MSP back in February so I am familiar with the outgoing cars / features.

I am picking up a 6 seat 2021 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring for now and will give Tesla and competitors a few more years to work this out.

Range would be the least of my concerns in buying a MX, the Supercharger network is great.

After cancelling my order, ended up getting a low mileage 2018 P100D MX. I figure it's 70% of the car for 60% of the price. Will revisit in a couple of years when they, hopefully, get the new battery tech into the Model X.
Same. Last week bought a used Sept 2020 Red/white, 5 seat, LR++ X sight unseen. Has latest H battery and is coming across country from California to Wisconsin, in Colorado right now.

With the $10k price increase, used price was better but still fricking expensive for a used car. But know what? In 2 days it will be delivered. My Jan 3 ordered X comes in Nov maybe? Life is too short to live on Elon Time.

Why wait 6 months for things we may hate(yoke and no stalks)when Might not get what wanted (longer range, no shudder, quieter)? Who know what the refresh cars are getting as can't read an independent review or test drive yet.

And if the new one is the best thing since sliced bread, can sell the 2020 after all the initial new model bugs are worked out. Not like I'm married to the 2020 and its Death Til US Part.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Yep, all MX's come with a fixed spoiler. It was only at the very beginning in 2016 that performance versions came with an active spoiler that retracted when the car was locked/off... and that ended after about 1 year (or less) it seems due to too many issues with them, etc.
Some early non-performance Model X came with the active spoiler as well. Tesla hadn't come out with the fixed spoiler and didn't want to delay delivery of non-performance Model X so they were delivered with the active spoiler originally.

Some early non-performance Model X came with the active spoiler as well. Tesla hadn't come out with the fixed spoiler and didn't want to delay delivery of non-performance Model X so they were delivered with the active spoiler originally.

Ah yeah your right. I recall really wanting the active spoiler as some 90Ds were coming with it but then we got ours and it was probably one of the first 1000 fixed. Those first 5000 VINs or so were very interesting.

Sorry about the truck thing. My Mercedes salesman always called my SUVs trucks which was irritating I agree, less so than minivan however. That’s because SUVs were/are regulated / licensed as trucks to get around much tighter federal and state emissions regulations for cars. So I wonder how MX is classified? My MY body type is LL whatever that means on the Texas registration and on the Elon-signed Certificate of Origin ( A GREAT souvenir! ).
Ha, just giving you a hard time is all. I'd just say SUV for the MX and call it a day... Also, it's definitely not a minivan.

I’d kill for an active spoiler. Would be one less reason to get a Porsche.