Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called the Tesla number. No updates for me, as for the 8K instead of 10K they told me the price adjustment case is active for my vehicle but won't be reflected until I get a VIN assigned.

Does anyone know how to change delivery centers if possible? I'm about equal distance from 6 service and delivery center.

Edit: After my call my account now shows EDD of January. Nothing like waiting 14+ months for a vehicle.

Last edited:
I also just got off the phone with Tesla (called 1-888-518-3752 and pressing 1, then 2 and using the Fremont zip code 94538). As soon as the guy answered he had my account up on his screen (he addressed me by my first name). He was able to tell me that my order is in "build planning status" but apparently so is every other MX he's pulled up since last week. He said he has been told two things: 1. 6 seat config is getting priority and 2. there is something going on with Plaid so they may not be shipped until next year.

My order was placed Feb 21, 2021, Plaid, 6 seat, black exterior, white interior.

I think they issued a few Xs' on Saturday for purposes of saying that X deliveries have begun....

I am sure more are to follow... but notice nothing happened on Sunday or today...
Ticking the box...on-line news today stated that Tesla is finally delivering all four Tesla models! The devil is in the details and while the headline is truthful it's a little misleading. IMO

Reactions: Elixir and niogyn
I think they issued a few Xs' on Saturday for purposes of saying that X deliveries have begun....

I am sure more are to follow... but notice nothing happened on Sunday or today...
100% this isn’t a coincidence that it’s right before earnings. I’m glad to see movement but feels a little disingenuous about deliveries actually starting. I still hope the investor question gets answered about how many will be built or delivered in Q4.

I also just got off the phone with Tesla (called 1-888-518-3752 and pressing 1, then 2 and using the Fremont zip code 94538). As soon as the guy answered he had my account up on his screen (he addressed me by my first name). He was able to tell me that my order is in "build planning status" but apparently so is every other MX he's pulled up since last week. He said he has been told two things: 1. 6 seat config is getting priority and 2. there is something going on with Plaid so they may not be shipped until next year.

My order was placed Feb 21, 2021, Plaid, 6 seat, black exterior, white interior.
Cool that saves me the call I think. Ordered just one day before you and have black versus white seats. I was feeling really lucky about the 6 seat thing until the news about Plaids.

Reactions: MoneyWiz
Has anyone heard whether there are/will be any X's available for test drives now? We've had an X on order since January but only managed a test drive in a Y so far. I just filled out the test drive form on the website again and it did give me X as an option.
You won't be seeing any test drives available until a good portion of the backlog gets settled. I don't think there's even an S out for test driving yet.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Has anyone heard whether there are/will be any X's available for test drives now? We've had an X on order since January but only managed a test drive in a Y so far. I just filled out the test drive form on the website again and it did give me X as an option.
They have one at the SC here in Houston. Doubt it's for test drives, but it's for their mechanics to learn more about it from what I've read.

• Informative
Reactions: croman and lauraut
I finally got the call and converted to the 6 seat. My guy told me I would be "prioritized" but would not guarantee that I would receive delivery this year. He said that no one has been given such a guarantee. I was wondering if that is consistent with what others who accepted the conversation offer have heard as I thought some have reported that they were promised a car this year?

• Informative
Reactions: TWENT2
I finally got the call and converted to the 6 seat. My guy told me I would be "prioritized" but would not guarantee that I would receive delivery this year. He said that no one has been given such a guarantee. I was wondering if that is consistent with what others who accepted the conversation offer have heard as I thought some have reported that they were promised a car this year?
That was always my question in the past few days, if there is no guarantee, I rather wait for my original order, and save the money for the unnecessary upgrade!!

That was always my question in the past few days, if there is no guarantee, I rather wait for my original order, and save the money for the unnecessary upgrade!!
Agreed for most -- in my case, I had never seriously considered the 6 seat and present circumstance prompted me to and I actually prefer for it. I won't use the vehicle for carrying large items (ergo don't require the fold flat seats) and believe both 2nd and third row passengers will be more comfortable with the 6 seat config. So it was worth it for me regardless since I missed the boat initially.

Dammit. I have a Plaid on order. Would be nice to know what the issue is.

Just called the Tesla number. No updates for me, as for the 8K instead of 10K they told me the price adjustment case is active for my vehicle but won't be reflected until I get a VIN assigned.

Does anyone know how to change delivery centers if possible? I'm about equal distance from 6 service and delivery center.

Edit: After my call my account now shows EDD of January. Nothing like waiting 14+ months for a vehicle.
It's a straight out race now between our Rivian R1S order and our Model X. Tesla lost a Model S Plaid sale after crappy comms all year and my wife isn't 100% sold on the yoke for her Model X.

Dammit. I have a Plaid on order. Would be nice to know what the issue is.
I talked to a manager in sales & ops back at the delivery event and he mentioned that Plaids were still seeking regulatory approvals.

Actually working in the tech manufacturing industry myself, I suspect they changed some RF chip in the car and it needs to be reviewed by the FCC for approval as a product. Could be something else though.

I called the customer service number up right now by pressing 1 and then 2 and then entering the Freemont zip code like others have. Totally useless rep. She didn't even know that folks were being proactively called to switch to a 6 seater. I already have a 6 seater in place but was calling for some update of some sort based on others phone calls to them. She had nooo updates for me whatsoever. I even mentioned my EDD being blank. Still nothing from her