Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Headlight DRL is yellow, not solid white

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I have an issue with my driver's side headlight after doing a normal hand car wash in my driveway.

I uploaded a photo that shows that the day time running light is no longer solid white. You can see that the inner corner of the driver's side headlight is partly yellow.

I'm assuming this headlight got wet internally.

I've not even had my car for a year until June 2017. Warranty better cover this!

Any of you had this issue?
Covered by Tesla warranty right?

Attachments

• IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 776
Hey guys,

I have an issue with my driver's side headlight after doing a normal hand car wash in my driveway.

Just had both mine replaced today. Exact same issue on both. Doubt it's water intrusion. Took delivery June 2016 also. Have heard of this on a few early refresh models.
You should have no problem with warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: JasontheBeaver
Just had both mine replaced today. Exact same issue on both. Doubt it's water intrusion. Took delivery June 2016 also. Have heard of this on a few early refresh models.
You should have no problem with warranty.
Thank you for confirming this issue, MMC!
Greatly appreciate it!
I will let you guys know when I take the car in to service and the outcome. :)

Isn't that because of US regulation where you need a orange side reflector?
Not sure if you have one of these cars. This isn't about reflectors. The photo I posted earlier showed the driver's side headlight eyelash was not solid white, and it had a hue of orange. It shouldn't have any hue of orange. Look at this new photo of the passenger side headlight. Solid white!! See the difference?

Attachments

• IMG_3009.JPG
    IMG_3009.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 426
Friday May 22 2020

Now on my 6th (approx) replacement of both sides. Last one replaced April 2019. Right hand out again and service center refused warranty adjustment. Has anyone with this concern taken any further steps with Tesla? Granted I'm out of warranty but there is obviously a manufacturing defect in these units. LEDs should not last a year or less. Every other LED on the vehicle is still fine. Just these what I call DRL lights.

Thanks