Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: aerodyne
I doubt they will change anything in the battery or drivetrain. They just updated it three years ago and it isn't a big seller.
It would not surprise me if they do. I don’t get the feeling that sales are great, given the significant price drop the Plaid has received, so a refresh of seats, front camera, drivetrain, and ambient lighting - would probably boost sales.

I doubt there’ll be any big drivetrain changes. The plaid drivetrain is already so much beyond everything else Tesla has developed and nearly every other EV. Perhaps they could make the track pack standard and bump the price, but beyond that I do t see big changes coming. Maybe the LR could get an update.

Center horn is happening. Rgb will probably happen sometime within the next year. We’ll see about the front camera

I doubt there’ll be any big drivetrain changes. The plaid drivetrain is already so much beyond everything else Tesla has developed and nearly every other EV. Perhaps they could make the track pack standard and bump the price, but beyond that I do t see big changes coming. Maybe the LR could get an update.

Center horn is happening. Rgb will probably happen sometime within the next year. We’ll see about the front camera
We’ll see, I suppose. In any case there’s no question the S could use some tarting up inside with ambient lighting. People just expect that now, and with the new 3 and Cybertruck (and certainly the refresh Y when it appears) featuring it, this would leave the S/X looking a bit dated by comparison.

Now, although the vibes are very weak at 38-42, also getting them at about 60, and strongly at 80.

I'll learn to live with it, like the creaks and rattles.
Mine has started vibrating more, and at more speeds - especially if the motors are cold. I get obvious resonance through the cabin of this when traveling ~70mph but it does go away after I stop, do whatever I need to do when I'm out, and then head home on the same road. In some ways this TSB fix has made the car worse, and in other ways, better.

Anyone else see the vibration return in other ways?

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Mine has started vibrating more, and at more speeds - especially if the motors are cold. I get obvious resonance through the cabin of this when traveling ~70mph but it does go away after I stop, do whatever I need to do when I'm out, and then head home on the same road. In some ways this TSB fix has made the car worse, and in other ways, better.

Still have the vibration, after Tesla’s software workaround fix - for an apparent hardware design defect. Junk.

I noticed it today, thought I was imagining it lasting longer than normal.

Maybe not my imagination....😕

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc