Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did all of you with removed repair history not receive any kind of printed paper statement when picking up your car after repairs? Weather it be a purchased repair or a No Charge warranty repair?
The part number should still be on the shafts if you have not driven too far and are able to crawl under the front end...

Last edited:
I would imagine 100%, but some people might not notice it. It's pretty subtle.

Thanks this is good to know. I monitor this thread every day to see if there’s been a engineering resolution. I’ve never driven a Plaid so I don’t know if it’s a deal breaker for me come December time when I buy a new car. Just based on some reports I’ve read here, it sounds annoying enough to where I’m considering a Taycan instead.

Reactions: jebinc
Thanks this is good to know. I monitor this thread every day to see if there’s been a engineering resolution. I’ve never driven a Plaid so I don’t know if it’s a deal breaker for me come December time when I buy a new car. Just based on some reports I’ve read here, it sounds annoying enough to where I’m considering a Taycan instead.
It's annoying, but I'm hoping it will be fixed soon... along with the buzz from the yoke and the cubby light. and my passenger side door. Ok, after all those issues are fixed, it will be a great car. 😅

If like the prior generation “shutter” issue, you will be visiting this thread for many years before you see a real engineering fix. Yes, I think it was five years before the fix showed up for the last generation, and then, only when a new model was released (aka, Raven).

And hence, the shout out for help in getting this issue more public visibility.

• Informative
Reactions: onshi
If like the prior generation “shutter” issue, you will be visiting this thread for many years before you see a real engineering fix. Yes, I think it was five years before the fix showed up for the last generation, and then, only when a new model was released (aka, Raven).

Was that one only on the Model X? My 2016 P90DL Model S didn't seem to have any vibrations. But, it was also a demo car for 5k miles, so it was probably beat on pretty hard before I got it and maybe they fixed it?

Our 2018 X had the shudder, and the fix over this past summer fixed it permanently.