Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on the same version. I don't think the vibration changes while turning. I've only replicated it in a straight line, under light acceleration. You can go into track mode and rear torque bias and it will disappear.
I definitely notice the vibration through light-ish corners at ~40mph versus straight. I thought I was just imagining it was more noticeable at that point, but now someone else says it...

Curious as I did not read all 36 pages, but what is described in the first post (aside from frequency of greater than 50% of the time) is what I have with a Model S 2022 Plaid. Unique bit here - there is a very similar one in VIN nearby with 21" wheels and it never happens with that one, only mine with 19" wheels.

I also immediately dropped to low suspension by default on delivery, and I saw in some of the threads that might be why I only see it on first drive of the day.

Curious as I did not read all 36 pages, but what is described in the first post (aside from frequency of greater than 50% of the time) is what I have with a Model S 2022 Plaid. Unique bit here - there is a very similar one in VIN nearby with 21" wheels and it never happens with that one, only mine with 19" wheels.
It happens all the time. I think the 50% was... I dunno what that was about. It always vibrates. Wheel size is irrelevant.

Reactions: ferventcoder
Guys. Seriously. It's the half shafts. Pre heating the car won't help. I ment pre heat the halfshaft. That's the only way to get rid of this problem.
This is not a mystery anymore. I don't understand how nobody knows a this in the USA. Why is tesla afraid for telling you about this?

Cold grease in the halfshaft. Tesla knows it.

As I mentioned in the other thread, if cold grease is causing the problem, at what temperature does the vibration go away? Also, are you talking about the first drive, very short duration vibration or the 30 to 50 mile an hour vibration?

Guys. Seriously. It's the half shafts. Pre heating the car won't help. I ment pre heat the halfshaft. That's the only way to get rid of this problem.
This is not a mystery anymore. I don't understand how nobody knows a this in the USA. Why is tesla afraid for telling you about this?
I really don't like this spread of opinion as fact. If "pre-heating" the half-shaft is the solution, why does this problem occur in >100F in the summer? We've had these cars for a while now in America...

That's my point. This is a problem you have to live with. But just to prove that this is the "problem". Heat them up with a heatgun and test. And please find out why Tesla keeps this as a secret from you. This is like the bad top strut mounts on older model S. Tesla said they was "investigating" for years..

• Disagree
Reactions: Ash83