Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery last week and mine does have a little bit of vibration around 35-40mph. Dropped it off and these are the notes in the app.

At least they acknowledged it…

(Also a Plaid)

IMG_0664.jpeg

Reactions: Ash83 and WilliamG
Yes. That's my point. You're doing yourself a disservice buying a car with that kind of power and never using it. Genuinely, what's the point? There are MANY much nicer cars out there with less power...

True. Wifey has a Twin Turbo V8 MB S class. It's superior in fit, finish, and material to the MS.
Surrounded as I am by a sea of M3's and BMW's, it's fun to spank a few that think they can cut off the old guy in a boat.

On the LR, it's better to not attract attention by driving fast. Lots of haters and show offs in SoCal. Did I mention BMW's?

It's more fun to drive out of chill to show others. You should have seen the reaction of a couple of grade school kids yesterday.

"Better than a roller coaster" "It's like a space ship"

Should I develop the vibes sooner than later, at least it was worth it.

Reactions: jebinc
Any update on the parts if Vibrations is back?

Also a dumb question, does the installation of these parts require un mounting the rotors? Mine has the big Mountain Pass rotors kit and Tesla tried to blame them few months ago when i brought the car in for the infamous skid pad clicking noise. After a long email exchange they did the fix as requested but intially they tried to blame the rotor kit 😂

Getting closer to pulling the trigger on a new MSLR after the most recent price drop. This vibration thing is giving me pause, though, assuming it's still a common issue with newer builds. How bad is the vibration actually, for those that experience it? Slight annoyance, or is it making you regret buying the car?

I did test drive a LS recently and didn't notice anything, but I wasn't looking for it at the time.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Getting closer to pulling the trigger on a new MSLR after the most recent price drop. This vibration thing is giving me pause, though, assuming it's still a common issue with newer builds. How bad is the vibration actually, for those that experience it? Slight annoyance, or is it making you regret buying the car?

I did test drive a LS recently and didn't notice anything, but I wasn't looking for it at the time.
And pause it should give you.

• Disagree
Reactions: bhzmark and TLLMRRJ

For me it’s a slight annoyance, for others on this thread it seems to be a major one. I’m mostly annoyed by the fact that my Plaid was vibration-free for about 15k miles until Tesla worked on my suspension. But honestly i barely feel it on a day-to-day basis. Maybe it’s because I rarely “accelerate gently” 🙃

I canceled my order on a refresh over both vibrations.

I drive a 2017 LR S that I bought new. At least my S only had one vibration issue and is manageable. The pre-refresh AWD MS only has the front half shaft vibration issue aka shudder on hard acceleration. It can be remedied w lowering links or replacing half shifts every 20,000ish miles.

As far as I can tell from the forum the refresh MS have an additional vibration that occurs at moderate speeds without acceleration and there is no fix. I would not recommend a new S. If I really wanted a new EV close to the capability of an S (capacity wise for cargo and people) I’d get a Y. I decided to keep driving my 2017 S

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark and TLLMRRJ

I drive a 2017 LR S that I bought new. At least my S only had one vibration issue and is manageable. The pre-refresh AWD MS only has the front half shaft vibration issue aka shudder on hard acceleration. It can be remedied w lowering links or replacing half shifts every 20,000ish miles.

As far as I can tell from the forum the refresh MS have an additional vibration that occurs at moderate speeds without acceleration and there is no fix. I would not recommend a new S. If I really wanted a new EV close to the capability of an S (capacity wise for cargo and people) I’d get a Y. I decided to keep driving my 2017 S

More importantly, you dodged a huge depreciation bullet!

Yep, refresh vibration = expensive junk.