Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order - which I have save the screen shot of it states CPO used car with six months of warranty. Purchased online July 29 2022.
Interesting. I haven't seen that, any chance you can share the screen shot so we can see their wording?

Six months of warranty seems weird, even on the used cars they sell now they comes with a 1-year/10k mile warranty.

I've seen people claim CPO, but didn't think that existed anymore, but maybe some are getting flagged that way on accident and cause confusion. (Because I really don't think they have a CPO program any more.) Maybe it happens when that vehicle was previously sold pre-early 2018 as a CPO, and comes around used again?

Last edited:
PXL_20230523_211836822.MP.jpg

I meant this part about the machanical condition which Tesla never checked or met.

Ok, so not a CPO after all. Just a used vehicle that they say has been inspected. (It may not be much different in NJ, but for example in CA CPO has a legal definition and requirements, which the Tesla used vehicle sales program doesn't meet.)

I think I am over the mileage in New Jersey. They refused to find the vibration for six months-when my used warranty run out. I have done almost 20 k miles. My car was in the service center for accumulatively 3 months until April. Now they note there is no noticable vibration what they would call out of spec. I am suing the for not servicing my car prior to selling it to me as a CPO car. They literally polished and vacuumed the car.
A “polished turd,” as they say…. Sorry that you have to go through all of this nonsense.

Reactions: Dzsink
If that is an example of "Next level" or "Hard Core Engineering" I want no part of it.

I'll wait until a third party solves the problem like they have with lowering kits.
During service for my S in my driveway today, when I explained the (low speed) vibration problem to the TESLA Mobile service technician, including the "lowering kit" potential solution. He said, that 'lowering kits can confuse the air bag deployment logic' and then said something about premature deployment. Sounds plausible to me, the car may rely on a calibrated input from that sensor to properly respond to impacts as designed. The height sensor might, as my grandfather used to say, best "leave that be!"? :)

Last edited:
The TESLA Mobile service technician said today, during service for my S in my driveway, that "lowering kits" can confuse the air bag deployment logic. Sounds plausible, the car may rely on a calibrated input from that sensor to respond impacts as designed. The height sensor might, as my grandfather used to say, best "leave that be!". :)
Except that there’s no evidence of it. The airbags don’t actively respond to road surfaces like a magna ride. They work as programmed through their sweep range, they don’t “get confused”

Reactions: The Duke and Dzsink
Except that there’s no evidence of it. The airbags don’t actively respond to road surfaces like a magna ride. They work as programmed through their sweep range, they don’t “get confused”

Lots of evidence on the forums that the techs are poorly informed, poorly trained, and in some cases, just make stuff up, that sounds "plausible"

Reactions: Dzsink and lbowroom
Sorry, what’s the link between your 2017 used purchase and the light vibration issue on the refreshed cars?
Originally on delivery day last year (as a used car from Tesla) had shudder, and heavy vibration right off driving away from Tesla Lot. Tesla changed my drive shafts when my warranty expired in January. After that I have head the heavy vibration returned and they have replaced the clevis mount and last month my tires. Since than i have a low frequency vibration starting at around 35-40MPH and would increase to a higher frequency at highway speeds. But it is light and only can be felt at the front of the vehicle. No shudder during acceleration. When accelerator being depressed vibration stops. I am not sure about the vibration level the latest facelift has but i though this now is similar to those.