Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am guessing my issue is completely unrelated. Seems like this is a good place to share my experience anyway.

I started hearing this noise from the rear when going over speed bumps, hitting dips…100% Repeatable.
Brought it by the local SC and they decided to keep it there and give me a loaner. Assuming they felt it posed a danger…
Notified today that they had to order “toe links” and that they should arrive by the end of week and that they would be holding my car until they arrive.
I asked if this was a common issue with the Plaid MS…
Response was “no” first time seen…
Here’s a link to the sound…

Tesla Model S Plaid Toe Links Issue

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
Getting mine replaced on the 4th. We will see. I have two ranges of vibration. 38-44 and 70-78. Both under power/acceleration. Nothing on coasting/regen.

Just had my front half shafts replaced today. Solved the vibration issue in both ranges. Tech was clear that this is not the final solution and the issue will probably return. Replaced so they could send the half shaft to Tesla Engineering for testing.

Just had my front half shafts replaced today. Solved the vibration issue in both ranges. Tech was clear that this is not the final solution and the issue will probably return. Replaced so they could send the half shaft to Tesla Engineering for testing.
Was the tech able to describe the specific issue with the half shafts that was causing the vibration?

I have not experienced this issue, yet.
However, I only have 2,547 miles on my 9/9/21 build MS Plaid, perhaps it’s because I have not launched it or pushed to its limits. Several “throw you’re head back” accelerations…

Saying this with no expertise…
That said…Here’s what I’ve been thinking.

Doesn’t seem like the Plaid is redesigned from the ground up, structurally.
Is it possible that Tesla built a machine that is too powerful for the structure it occupies.
If a person could magically run 0-60 in 5 seconds. Could the human body handle the stress? Or would bones shatter and muscle tissue & organs suffer damage.

I have not experienced this issue, yet.
However, I only have 2,547 miles on my 9/9/21 build MS Plaid, perhaps it’s because I have not launched it or pushed to its limits. Several “throw you’re head back” accelerations…

Saying this with no expertise…
That said…Here’s what I’ve been thinking.

Doesn’t seem like the Plaid is redesigned from the ground up, structurally.
Is it possible that Tesla built a machine that is too powerful for the structure it occupies.
If a person could magically run 0-60 in 5 seconds. Could the human body handle the stress? Or would bones shatter and muscle tissue & organs suffer damage.
Maybe? They didn't change much on the car, just tweaked a few things and dropped in bigger motors, it seems. But, we're just speculating. No idea.

Help Needed: Can someone with the aformentiuoned vibration, and 2021.44.30 ("Track Mode release") installed, test to see if there are any changes or elimination of the vibration - as a result of the new torque vectoring software included with this release? Perhaps this firmware addressed the root cause of the vibration? Need data!

@WilliamG

Reactions: xEvoLveDx