Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How's the vibrations on your car? Did they fix that too?
I have not actually noticed any vibrations. This was an issue of clunking over speed bumps…. As I said it may be unrelated.
However I have never launched my car. I have done aggressive acceleration for a short thrill…
Somethings still tells me that the structural integrity of the car could be affected by the ridiculous amount of power.

Maybe if they fix the vibration issue, if related to excessive torque, then maybe they can make it even faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Not that I need that, but would be nice in 1/4 mile to smoke anything that rolls. Sub 9 seconds?
I think that's unlikely. If the problem is from too much torque, they'll probably reduce the torque and slow down the car to prevent damaging the half shafts, screwing us all...

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
That is exactly what i’m actually thinking because of these issues with vibration already and now track mode. i can’t imagine the potential vibration the X plaid may suffer.
That this issue comes and goes (it’s not consistent, and some drives have zero vibration) - we still don’t really know the cause, but I seriously doubt it’s due to the car being overpowered for the components.

Reactions: jebinc
That this issue comes and goes (it’s not consistent, and some drives have zero vibration) - we still don’t really know the cause, but I seriously doubt it’s due to the car being overpowered for the components.
It seems to me the vibration has to come from one of three components: The motors, the half shafts, or the wheels/tires. What else is there? It would be interesting to see a poll of those experiencing the vibration as to how many hard launches and/or track launches the drivers executed to see if it was a factor.

• Love
Reactions: Daniellane
it would be great if you let us know here and DM if you wish. but i would LOVE to get an answer on this. it’s really starting to get annoying. and our SC in devon pa hasn’t gotten back to me after the mobile tech admitted they were aware of the issue. that was 2 months ago.

Are you sure it’s an issue with your cars?
Or perhaps another issue?;)

But I also feel it in the go-pedal with my foot....