Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am guessing my issue is completely unrelated. Seems like this is a good place to share my experience anyway.

I started hearing this noise from the rear when going over speed bumps, hitting dips…100% Repeatable.
Brought it by the local SC and they decided to keep it there and give me a loaner. Assuming they felt it posed a danger…
Notified today that they had to order “toe links” and that they should arrive by the end of week and that they would be holding my car until they arrive.
I asked if this was a common issue with the Plaid MS…
Response was “no” first time seen…
Here’s a link to the sound…

Tesla Model S Plaid Toe Links Issue
At the Service Center now getting the frunk latch recall performed on my 2018 MS100D. They checked the status of the parts order. Discovered that they are replacing all 4 tow links on my Plaid. Interesting… wondering if that’s out of an abundance of caution or if there is a revision / improvement on the part…
With any luvck I’ll get it back on Friday.

At the Service Center now getting the frunk latch recall performed on my 2018 MS100D. They checked the status of the parts order. Discovered that they are replacing all 4 tow links on my Plaid. Interesting… wondering if that’s out of an abundance of caution or if there is a revision / improvement on the part…
With any luvck I’ll get it back on Friday.
@Daniellane Can you see what they know about the vibration issue, since you are at the SC? Thanks!

I am guessing my issue is completely unrelated. Seems like this is a good place to share my experience anyway.

I started hearing this noise from the rear when going over speed bumps, hitting dips…100% Repeatable.
Brought it by the local SC and they decided to keep it there and give me a loaner. Assuming they felt it posed a danger…
Notified today that they had to order “toe links” and that they should arrive by the end of week and that they would be holding my car until they arrive.

Where did you capture that sound? Inside the car or outside?

Where did you capture that sound? Inside the car or outside?
Inside with all windows closed. Only occurred when rear went over speed bump. Sound seemed to be biased to the passenger side.
Tossed my iPhone in the back seat. Camera side down while recording. Drove over a series of speed bumps in a parking lot, then I trimmed the video to 9 seconds of just one instance with the clearest sound.

All fixed. Picked it up a few hours ago. Tested it on the same speed bumps on the way home.
Text from invoice:
Correction: Toe Link Assembly - Rear - RH - 2nd Generation Rear Node (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
REAR TOE LINK ASSEMBLY(1420435- 1.00 00-D)
NUT,HF,M14-2.0,[10],ZNNI(1111533-00- 1.00 A)
BOLT,HF,M14-2.0x95, 1.00 [109],ZNFL,SMAT(1111522-00-A)
BOLT,TE,M12x45,STL[109],ZNFL[BLCK] 2.00 (1088969-00-B)
Correction: Toe Link Assembly - Rear - LH - 2nd Generation Rear Node (Includes Alignment Check) (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
Correction: Four Wheel Alignment (Air Suspension) (Adjust Camber Caster Toe)

All fixed. Picked it up a few hours ago. Tested it on the same speed bumps on the way home.
Text from invoice:
Correction: Toe Link Assembly - Rear - RH - 2nd Generation Rear Node (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
Correction: Toe Link Assembly - Rear - LH - 2nd Generation Rear Node (Includes Alignment Check) (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
Correction: Four Wheel Alignment (Air Suspension) (Adjust Camber Caster Toe)
How's the vibrations on your car? Did they fix that too?