Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread aims to capture sub model (dual and trim motor) vibration occurrences for "refreshed" Model S cars. Please comment with as much information you can, should your car have this affliction (including VIN range).

Issue Description:

Vibration felt in accelerator pedal and sometime in yoke; passengers may also feel it on the floor and through
the console.

- Occurs: between 38 - 50 mph

- Conditions: Constant speed (e.g., holding 43 mph +/-), or under very slight acceleration in this range, especially after transition from regen
to slight acceleration (bit of gray bar)

- Frequency: Occurs more than 50% of the time

Related Threads:

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Poll: 3x - 4x mph Refreshed Model S (LR and Plaid) Vibration issue build / VIN ranges

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread
I have not noticed this yet. Will be monitoring. Plaid, Black, cream & walnut interior. MF451…,10/21 build. Delivered 10/29/21. 3036 miles.

I just had my Plaid into the Miami SC today for something else and asked them about the vibration issue around 40 mph. They said Tesla is aware of it, working on it, but have not found a fix yet.
But has anyone been told what is causing it?! Fixes aside. Identifying the root cause must occur before a fix. If they still do not know the root cause, a fix will be a long time coming, if ever. Seven years to sort of temporarily fix the shutter issue on the last version of MS. PoS and afterthought front DU design, carried over to Raven and now Palladium. BOHICA.

Noticed this on my new X Plaid delivered last week. Only observed on one drive so far. Any other reports from X Plaid owners?

yes, I have seen reports of the X Plaid vibtrating on this thread or a related refreshed S "vibration" thread. Now that the X Plaid models clearly are also affected, hopefully for everyone's sake this issue is elevated to the highest priority at the mother ship.

• Informative
Reactions: WinterX
But has anyone been told what is causing it?! Fixes aside. Identifying the root cause must occur before a fix. If they still do not know the root cause, a fix will be a long time coming, if ever. Seven years to sort of temporarily fix the shutter issue on the last version of MS. PoS and afterthought front DU design, carried over to Raven and now Palladium. BOHICA.
SC did not tell me or even suggest the root cause. They seem in the dark

Picked up brand new LR with refreshed headlights/taillights. Very noticeable shudder and rattle in Low suspension under hard acceleration from a stop and at speed. Glad to hear it can be fixed. At least temporarily.

This car is giving me Model X shudder vibes!

Reactions: scrapps