Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased my 2022 S Plaid and have the same vibration that starts at 30 to 50 mph every morning and lasts 2-3 miles. Can hear roaring sound and dashboard shakes as well as console. If it was a mechanical issue failure it wouldn’t go away. It’s too violent to be a tire issue since frequency is to high. 280 miles on vehicle and hasn’t gotten worse
That sounds like a different problem. We don't have any sound and nothing visibly shakes. I'd bring that in for service, they might be able to fix that one.

Reactions: jebinc
I just purchased my 2022 S Plaid and have the same vibration that starts at 30 to 50 mph every morning and lasts 2-3 miles. Can hear roaring sound and dashboard shakes as well as console. If it was a mechanical issue failure it wouldn’t go away. It’s too violent to be a tire issue since frequency is to high. 280 miles on vehicle and hasn’t gotten worse
Record it, if you can.

Based on past experiences, I don't think this problem will be fixed. If my new car has it, I will Lemon Law it, and keep my old car until the pack goes...

Elon and Tesla don't care, but if enough complain, might fix the problem for future owners (Refresh 3.0)

Reactions: AMPd
Based on past experiences, I don't think this problem will be fixed. If my new car has it, I will Lemon Law it, and keep my old car until the pack goes...

Elon and Tesla don't care, but if enough complain, might fix the problem for future owners (Refresh 3.0)
No, you won’t lemon lawnit as no attorney will touch an issue deemed “normal” by the OEM. Been there and checked.

Reactions: bhzmark and Phlier
Anyone know if the 2022s and recent builds still have the vibration issue, or is this affliction limited to 2021s? Key piece of data that is very much needed.
I just picked up my March 2022 Plaid. And it has the OP described vibration. It even vibrates at lower speeds under heavy load/acceleration. The car is in service as of Friday (Today is Wednesday) for this issue. I did not know about this thread and didn't search this issue until just now. The tech at the SC said he wasn't aware of the issue but "it sounded like the older Model X drive shaft issue."

To me the vibration clearly comes from the front drivers side drivetrain area.

PS: I miss my PM3

I just picked up my March 2022 Plaid. And it has the OP described vibration. It even vibrates at lower speeds under heavy load/acceleration. The car is in service as of Friday (Today is Wednesday) for this issue. I did not know about this thread and didn't search this issue until just now. The tech at the SC said he wasn't aware of the issue but "it sounded like the older Model X drive shaft issue."

To me the vibration clearly comes from the front drivers side drivetrain area.

PS: I miss my PM3

Hopefully that is a different vibration issue that is fixable! Ours don't vibrate below 40 mph or under heavy acceleration. Good luck!

Reactions: jebinc
Oh good, thought you disappeared. All good?
@lbowroom Yes; been busy building a tiny guest cottage out back. These are a few days old. Make good progress since.

Thanks for checking in!

9DEFAF2B-A8F2-4F48-A4A0-79E09AF474B1.jpeg737760E5-77F9-445B-9835-9587E57C1B3E.jpeg069AFDB5-9637-4884-8D6D-B83329F7D32D.jpeg24387DA0-7C63-43FA-A595-D61750B6C40A.jpegF433CC67-B737-4135-AC39-58F0AEA81C21.jpeg

Reactions: Phlier