Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All moving parts require clearance, doesn’t mean they are worn out. Model 3 front motors have a variable whine cruising at steady speed. I assume this is because of a lack of bias foward or backwards leaves components floating.

@MFrunkerOG
@n2mb_racing

I used this one. Display is in the console cubby. Pictures tomorrow.

AUTO-VOX CS-2 Wireless Backup... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVC156F?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

@MFrunkerOG @n2mb_racing
@lbowroom

Went to Costco today and used my camera. I connected it to the fog light wire so I can turn it on and off at will via the fog light radio button in the UI. Here’s a shot of the hidden camera. How close I got to the curb and the view from inside!

Sorry for being a few days late with these…

PS. I PPF’d the lens and ceramic coated that.

AEC92EEE-1F17-4E28-B1B7-5C509D26D127.jpeg

F164B6AB-D1EA-4B49-AB49-1BC0755A1755.jpeg

13724C63-C5A3-4EB4-8F90-51B08320BB50.jpeg

@MFrunkerOG @n2mb_racing
@lbowroom

Went to Costco today and used my camera. I connected it to the fog light wire so I can turn it on and off at will via the fog light radio button in the UI. Here’s a shot of the hidden camera. How close I got to the curb and the view from inside!

View attachment 806354

View attachment 806355

View attachment 806356
Brilliant. Me wants!

@MFrunkerOG @n2mb_racing
@lbowroom

View attachment 806354

View attachment 806355

View attachment 806356
That is indeed a useful view.

Reactions: jebinc
Please explain, “common configuration “. Also wondering if you thought of alternative power sources. Could you use a USB source and where did you run your camera wires.
Since we have identically configured/modded Plaids, you need to keep up by installing this camera! 🤑

You can power the camera from any power source. There are many in the frunk area, including a direct 12v tap near the firewall!

Ordered the n2itive stuff - links and camber arm. Now hurry up and ship!

Also just finished a nice long 1000 mile trip for work (atl to Jax and back). Got the wheels force balanced before (one needed remounting). Drove in low all throughout. Not a single vibration - butter smooth!

Last edited:
Ordered the n2itive stuff - links and camber arm. Now hurry up and ship!

Also just finished a nice long 1000 mile trip for work (atl to Jax and back). Got the wheels force balanced before (one needed remounting). Drove in low all throughout. Not a single vibration - butter smooth!
Lucky.... My vibration is coming back slowly. It's been just under a week since they replaced the half shafts. No launches at all. Not even full throttle accelerations.

Yeah I know. There’s no way I’m lowering the car without adjusting for camber :) so I guess that will wait too!
459DF70F-EDA2-4EEA-80A4-4199C547AB33.jpeg
5BD84F3A-6DFE-430A-8A9E-8B72CEE8A25E.jpeg

10,000 miles dropped almost an inch from stock. I’ve seen the pictures of the shredded tires too but I’m puzzled by it. I see no premature wear on the inside. Perhaps people are running too low a pressure?

View attachment 807427View attachment 807428
10,000 miles dropped almost an inch from stock. I’ve seen the pictures of the shredded tires too but I’m puzzled by it. I see no premature wear on the inside. Perhaps people are running too low a pressure?
OK, so not only do you have a Plaid in my favorite color, but someone did a seriously nice job on the epoxy floor job.

And your tire wear looks as close to perfect as it can get, at least to my old eyes.

Only one motor up there, but two driveshafts. Perhaps the right one is out of wack or related suspension damage.
Thanks for the input. I had my original arachnids put back on and the vibration is almost gone. Is it possible that heavier setups for the wheel and tires can help reduce vibration? I have a 20” signature wheel setup that I was having issues with.