Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a late 2019 (raven) long range. My entire front axle was replaced in 2021 due to extreme rattling and noise under moderate to high acceleration. Since the replacement I am always having shaking in the steering as if I am driving on gravel road. Multiple visits and service still the same. I am driving a 100k garbage.

I have a late 2019 (raven) long range. My entire front axle was replaced in 2021 due to extreme rattling and noise under moderate to high acceleration. Since the replacement I am always having shaking in the steering as if I am driving on gravel road. Multiple visits and service still the same. I am driving a 100k garbage.

Welcome to the club. We're driving 155k garbage. 😂🤣

• Funny
Reactions: jiehan
Speculating here but has anyone tried different offset wheels than the OEMs to solve for the vibration?

A friend who’s running the OEM 19” drove my car recently and said my handling was way better than his. Yes I have aftermarket brake rotors and different offset 20” wheels (flush with the fenders) and have lost 12 - 15 lb per corner.

Reason I’m bringing this up is “resonance”. By changing offset you’re disrupting weight distance from whatever is vibrating.

I only ran the 19” on my car for the first 500 miles and I sorta remember the yoke shuddering when I’d accelerate even normally for brief periods and then it’d go away.
What offset did you get? Can you share brand and type of wheel, also tire size brand as well as brake info? I’m ready to give this a try. Losing weight on the unsprung/rotational mass is good, extra bonus if it helps enough make me forget about the vibration.

What offset did you get? Can you share brand and type of wheel, also tire size brand as well as brake info? I’m ready to give this a try. Losing weight on the unsprung/rotational mass is good, extra bonus if it helps enough make me forget about the vibration.
I got 20” signature wheels’ SV104s
Reduced offset by 10 all over, so 45 offset became 35 for the front and 40 offset for the rears became 30

I got Michelin all season pilot sport 4 in 265/40/20 for the front and 295/35/20 rear

seems like most everyone vibration is in the lower range and then stops. Mine has no vibration down low and only starts to vibrate in the wheel and pedal after 55. The faster you go the more noticeable it is. I am hoping its maybe a control arm bushing as I hear a squeal nose when the car is in gear and the wheel is turned. Ior maybe a bad wheel/s balanced issue, possibly the foan inside the tire went loose I have PS4s on my plaid.

Has anyone actually gotten the dealership to fix the 35-50 vibration issue?

Also. My plaid has some slight vibration even over 50. Maybe tires? I wish there was 0 vibration
Yes, plenty of folks in any of the numerous threads on this. They replace the half shafts and its better for a while, but it comes back. Apparently, there is an internal bulletin on it but no fix or acknowledgement on if it's being looked at. I keep saying I am going to reach out tothe biger Youtube Tesla folks and bring this to their attention, but I have not done it.