Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 58k miles, it is still present at approx. 35-45mph during light acceleration. The severity has decreased with an update but still present. The 20" pilot sport all season had less than the OEM 21". Tire pressure can also make the feeling different. I do not think it actually changes the vibration - it just translates differently to the road and feel.

Well documented at the SC for mine and the SC has documented that they have witnessed it. They stated it is not normal but the Engineering is still working to correct.
Mine hasn’t decreased or changed for the better in any way. I firmly believe no software update has touched it. I feel it now just as bad on my 19” Tempests with PZERO Winter tires - from Tesla, as I do on my 21” Arachnids with the PS4S.
Your profile indicates 8/27 delivery. Can you confirm this is 8/27/2022?

If so maybe Tesla has solved actually the vibration on its newer builds with some different parts. 17K on the odometer with no vibration is promising.

Does anyone know how to determine maybe via a parts manual or some other method if a late summer build has any different parts than earlier builds that are known to commonly vibrate at moderate speeds and beyond?
His is a 2021. I know it sounds awfully loutish and egotistical, but I just don’t believe it’s possible to have 17,000 miles and no vibration. I’ve driven 6 or 7 Plaids and every single one has had the issue.

Mine hasn’t decreased or changed for the better in any way. I firmly believe no software update has touched it. I feel it now just as bad on my 19” Tempests with PZERO Winter tires - from Tesla, as I do on my 21” Arachnids with the PS4S.

His is a 2021. I know it sounds awfully loutish and egotistical, but I just don’t believe it’s possible to have 17,000 miles and no vibration. I’ve driven 6 or 7 Plaids and every single one has had the issue.
I drove a '21 LR S with similar mileage and it didn't have it. I really tried hard to reproduce it. Mine definitely has it.

I drove a '21 LR S with similar mileage and it didn't have it. I really tried hard to reproduce it. Mine definitely has it.
I really do wonder if it’s a front motor calibration issue.., and that some of these motors are just not quite right. How the heck do we get Tesla to fix this for us? Been going on for a year and a half now. 😭

Your profile indicates 8/27 delivery. Can you confirm this is 8/27/2022?

If so maybe Tesla has solved actually the vibration on its newer builds with some different parts. 17K on the odometer with no vibration is promising.

Does anyone know how to determine maybe via a parts manual or some other method if a late summer build has any different parts than earlier builds that are known to commonly vibrate at moderate speeds and beyond?
8/27/2021

Reactions: SnowFlyer
I’d love to show you. How many have you driven for 100% assurance that they all have it?

I think... 7? I mean, sure - it's a small fraction, but... I'm pretty convinced it's car wide. I know someone pretty knowledgeable at one of the main service centers in the area, and he's said they all do it, too.

All I can say is while I'm not, of course, 100% sure they all do it, I'm 99.9% sure they do (at some point). My 2021 was vibration free till around 1200 miles. My 2022 vibrated on the way home from delivery.

I think... 7? I mean, sure - it's a small fraction, but... I'm pretty convinced it's car wide. I know someone pretty knowledgeable at one of the main service centers in the area, and he's said they all do it, too.

All I can say is while I'm not, of course, 100% sure they all do it, I'm 99.9% sure they do (at some point). My 2021 was vibration free till around 1200 miles. My 2022 vibrated on the way home from delivery.
The only vibration I’ve felt is the HVAC fan. I’m told it’s worse than that. Since I can feel that I’m pretty sure I’m not numb.

I'm exceptionally sensitive to vibration. There's certainly no vibration from the HVAC that you can notice when actually driving the car. I also leave the fan speed at 2, since anything above and I'm sensitive to the high pitch etc from it when it's quiet in the car/parked.
When it’s 105 out and you have your HVAC on auto…..(mine always is) full fan can vibrate

Reactions: jebinc and WilliamG
I believe it!
Me too! Nothing would surprise me when it comes to vibrations in these cars.

A431B72F-B899-4C05-8F30-AE2CA1489B13.gif

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
I have a 2019 Raven Model S and started to notice this vibration some time after the shudder service bulletin. They changed the halfshafts and repositioned the clevis mount. The original shudder is gone, but this vibration is worse in a way because I feel it a lot during normal driving. On my car it is more noticable when on 19-inch than on 21-inch Arachnids.

I have been to Tesla twice. They just say they cannot feel any vibration..

I have a 2019 Raven Model S and started to notice this vibration some time after the shudder service bulletin. They changed the halfshafts and repositioned the clevis mount. The original shudder is gone, but this vibration is worse in a way because I feel it a lot during normal driving. On my car it is more noticable when on 19-inch than on 21-inch Arachnids.

I have been to Tesla twice. They just say they cannot feel any vibration..
Separate issue. This is just for 2021/2022/2023 vehicles.

Reactions: jebinc
It's possible they could have the same issue. The part number Tesla is installing to solve the shuddering is the same as the part number in the Plaid.
Yes, except the parts don't solve anything on the refresh :D.

I'm inclined to think it's software, given the same vibration on the 2022+ occurs for the first minute or two of driving in the 20+ mph region. It then goes away, leaving just the same 35+mph vibration.

Reactions: Carcam
Been eyeing this thread. I'm in Europe with a MS Plaid order planned soon. This issue (and the Yoke 😬) are my biggest concerns.

What do you think? Would you say the positives weigh up having this issue and make car worth it or do you wish you never got it?

Reactions: SnowFlyer