Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been eyeing this thread. I'm in Europe with a MS Plaid order planned soon. This issue (and the Yoke šŸ˜¬) are my biggest concerns.

What do you think? Would you say the positives weigh up having this issue and make car worth it or do you wish you never got it?
The yoke is fine. But, I still wish I never got it. There were so many other issues with the car that I've had to get fixed over seven service visits so far. Nothing that made it undrivable, all fit and finish and quality issues. Noises, squeaks, broken lights, etc. I'm ready for another brand for my next car.

Been eyeing this thread. I'm in Europe with a MS Plaid order planned soon. This issue (and the Yoke šŸ˜¬) are my biggest concerns.

What do you think? Would you say the positives weigh up having this issue and make car worth it or do you wish you never got it?
I have this vibration issue on my Model S Raven and Iā€™m evaluating trading it in for a Model Y. Itā€™s that bad. The Model Y is smooth like silk compared to mine. I am located in Norway, so need to make a decision quick wrt new taxes.

Reactions: SnowFlyer
I have this vibration issue on my Model S Raven and Iā€™m evaluating trading it in for a Model Y. Itā€™s that bad. The Model Y is smooth like silk compared to mine. I am located in Norway, so need to make a decision quick wrt new taxes.
Actually, no you don't. The vibration/shudder on the Raven is completely different than the vibration on the refresh Model S.

For me, the latter. Had it not been for the vibration, and terrible Tesla CS, I would have answered differently.

Me too. Thereā€™s some used 2021 plaids with low miles hovering around $110s and thinking to go test drive. Whatā€™s the easiest way to tell if the car has this issue? (Drive 30-50mph? For how long? Does the issue manifest right away?)

Reactions: SnowFlyer
Me too. Thereā€™s some used 2021 plaids with low miles hovering around $110s and thinking to go test drive. Whatā€™s the easiest way to tell if the car has this issue? (Drive 30-50mph? For how long? Does the issue manifest right away?)
Depends on the car. My 2021 took about 1200 miles to develop the issue. My 2022 was right out of the box vibrating.

We just got back from Paris and I have never seen so many Teslas beat to rat *sugar* from traffic and parking. I have no complaints about the yoke except for the reach for the horn button which is idiotic. But I live in Canada. If I had to parallel park as often as anyone in Germany or France I would seriously consider getting a car I didn't mind getting dinged up, or something shorter, with a full steering wheel! That or never take it into a city except for parking garages, never street parking. As for the vibration, had I known, I would have gotten something else. But the MSLR still beats my Taycan CT wrt range and efficiency (almost 2x as efficient, largely due to aero design). The Porsche software is hopeless.