Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model S read license plate frame

sjsharks33

Apr 10, 2021
CA
Are the new 2021 refreshed Model S supposed to come with a black license plate frame that say Model S on it? My mom recently took delivery of her Model S and I noticed it doesn't have a license plate frame around the temporary plate. Today, I saw a new refresh Model S and it had a black license plate frame installed in the rear. I'm curious to know if others got a black frame on their refreshed Model S or if the car I saw had an aftermarket frame? Thanks in advance.

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
I don't think they come with any specific, if any, license plate frame. Mine had one, but the car does not come with one from the factory that the dealer applies after they do the temporary tag. Mine had a "dual motor" license plate frame. They definitely do not come from the factory. If the local Tesla store provides one, that is what you get. Otherwise, you can ask for one, and I am sure they will provide one.

Upvote 0

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
I don't think they come with any specific, if any, license plate frame. Mine had one, but the car does not come with one from the factory that the dealer applies after they do the temporary tag. Mine had a "dual motor" license plate frame. They definitely do not come from the factory. If the local Tesla store provides one, that is what you get. Otherwise, you can ask for one, and I am sure they will provide one.

Mine came with a black-ish Model S plate frame for the rear of the car.

Upvote 1

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
Being old, I always tell a story. When I bought my Jaguar sports car, 25 or so years ago, it did not come with carpet mats from the factory. The dealer gave me some for forking over a fortune to buy the car. I wrote to Jaguar that a luxury car like my Jag should have carpeted floor mats.. Three months later, the dealer told me they didn't know who I talked with at Jaguar, but now all of the models delivered like mine are delivered with factory carpet mats. Ok, I'm done reminiscing. :)

Reactions: cwanja
Upvote 0

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
Mine was silverish.

Mine's this:

1630630351466.png

Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC