Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model S read license plate frame

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the new 2021 refreshed Model S supposed to come with a black license plate frame that say Model S on it? My mom recently took delivery of her Model S and I noticed it doesn't have a license plate frame around the temporary plate. Today, I saw a new refresh Model S and it had a black license plate frame installed in the rear. I'm curious to know if others got a black frame on their refreshed Model S or if the car I saw had an aftermarket frame? Thanks in advance.

I don't think they come with any specific, if any, license plate frame. Mine had one, but the car does not come with one from the factory that the dealer applies after they do the temporary tag. Mine had a "dual motor" license plate frame. They definitely do not come from the factory. If the local Tesla store provides one, that is what you get. Otherwise, you can ask for one, and I am sure they will provide one.

Upvote 0
I don't think they come with any specific, if any, license plate frame. Mine had one, but the car does not come with one from the factory that the dealer applies after they do the temporary tag. Mine had a "dual motor" license plate frame. They definitely do not come from the factory. If the local Tesla store provides one, that is what you get. Otherwise, you can ask for one, and I am sure they will provide one.

Mine came with a black-ish Model S plate frame for the rear of the car.

Upvote 1
Being old, I always tell a story. When I bought my Jaguar sports car, 25 or so years ago, it did not come with carpet mats from the factory. The dealer gave me some for forking over a fortune to buy the car. I wrote to Jaguar that a luxury car like my Jag should have carpeted floor mats.. Three months later, the dealer told me they didn't know who I talked with at Jaguar, but now all of the models delivered like mine are delivered with factory carpet mats. Ok, I'm done reminiscing. :)

Reactions: cwanja
Upvote 0
Mine was silverish.

Mine's this:

1630630351466.png

Upvote 0
Does anyone have more photos of this rear Model S frame in black? I didn't get anything for the rear.

Looking at the accessories page on Tesla there's only the black "Powered by the sun" option under Model S. I'm guessing there must be a part number I can use to order this.

Upvote 0