Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed model S Tire rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The F/R tires on the refreshed model S are different sizes. Why doe Tesla lists this in the S owners manual:

Tire Rotation, Balance, and Wheel Alignment​

Tesla recommends rotating the tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first.

Also, my 2020 manual has a bunch of information on and controls for sunroof. I haven't seen sunroofs on Teslas lately, and I really didn't give it a second thought. Probably sunroof info is still in the 2021 and 2022 manual. I still can't open mine!

My Nov 2021 build of mS refresh has 19” wheels. The rear are 10.5“ wide while the front are 1” narrower. Does this mean the tires are a different width too and can’t be rotated?
They can be rotated in the same axle.

The rear tires are wider so if you rotate them to the front, they will rub the front wheel hubs, especially when you turn left, right, u-turn.

That‘s good news. When I rotate from left to right on same axle, can I also swap inside/outside edges too? I want to hide some minor curb rash.

I don't know how to do that because just like the moon we can always see the same side and not the dark side, when you rotate your tires, the outside shows as outside and you can't see the inside.

Unless the tires specifically state they are directional, you can still rotate staggered sizes left to right, just not X pattern.
When you switch them left to right do you need them dismount and reinstall on the rim or you can do just take them down and swap the side left to right. I know the angle is the same so it will still wear more outside but at least you can stop the spiking on the edges because it will spin different direction.