TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Refreshed Model S: Trunk Proximity Sensor

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by DoubleE, Jun 17, 2016.

1. DoubleE

DoubleE Member

Is there a proximity sensor in the new refreshed Model S? Or was it always present?

I noticed in my garage that the trunk did not open fully - chimed twice, and lowered itself a bit - after coming close to an overhang.

Was this coincidental? Or is there a proximity sensor like in the Model X?

[FYI, I tried searching the forums, and couldn't find anything specific to the Model S --- only the Model X]

2. Max*

Max* Charging

wow... that would be awesome. The regular Model S doesn't have one that I'm aware of.

3. DoubleE

DoubleE Member

I closed and re-opened my trunk 3 times, with the same response.

Double chime, and lowered a bit.

4. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

That would be nice... Or as they say "about time"... :p

Jeff

5. Sir Guacamolaf

Sir Guacamolaf The good kind of fat

Thats super cool. My car (pre-refresh) does not have that, and I'd find it hella useful if it did.