Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model S - Yoke Button Feedback?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the buttons on the yoke supposed to have some sort of haptic feedback? For example, the turn signal buttons - is these supposed to be some sort of feedback when you press them long/hard enough to fully engage the turn signal?

I took delivery of a long rage model about a month ago and the buttons on mine have zero feedback when I press them, just trying to figure out if there's an issue or if that's how they're supposed to work. I see lots of references to 'haptic feedback' from various reviewers, but I'm not feeling any in my car.

Are the buttons on the yoke supposed to have some sort of haptic feedback? For example, the turn signal buttons - is these supposed to be some sort of feedback when you press them long/hard enough to fully engage the turn signal?

I took delivery of a long rage model about a month ago and the buttons on mine have zero feedback when I press them, just trying to figure out if there's an issue or if that's how they're supposed to work. I see lots of references to 'haptic feedback' from various reviewers, but I'm not feeling any in my car.
They do not have haptic feedback. I heard the same from various reviewers but they seem to literally not know what haptic feedback is.

• Disagree
Reactions: foos
Upvote 0
They do not have haptic feedback. I heard the same from various reviewers but they seem to literally not know what haptic feedback is.

The turn signals on my 2021 MSLR definitely do have haptic feedback. I've included above a link to a YouTube video where I trigger the turn signals and captured the sound of the haptic mechanism triggering (rested my phone against the steering wheel.) If you listen closely (requires high volume and quiet environment) you can hear the sound of the haptic device triggering with a quick / soft thud followed immediately by the turn signal sound. It's very noticeable (feel it with my thumb as it triggers) when in park in my garage, less so when driving but still adequate distinct feedback one can feel. It triggers when you just touch your finger over the turn signal, and if you press even just slightly it triggers a second time and the blinker then stays on until you touch again or complete a turn. One could argue the haptic feedback is too subtle and this could(?) likely be increased (intensity / duration) with a software update IMO.

Reactions: foos and Issaction
Upvote 1

The turn signals on my 2021 MSLR definitely do have haptic feedback. I've included above a link to a YouTube video where I trigger the turn signals and captured the sound of the haptic mechanism triggering (rested my phone against the steering wheel.) If you listen closely (requires high volume and quiet environment) you can hear the sound of the haptic device triggering with a quick / soft thud followed immediately by the turn signal sound. It's very noticeable (feel it with my thumb as it triggers) when in park in my garage, less so when driving but still adequate distinct feedback one can feel. It triggers when you just touch your finger over the turn signal, and if you press even just slightly it triggers a second time and the blinker then stays on until you touch again or complete a turn. One could argue the haptic feedback is too subtle and this could(?) likely be increased (intensity / duration) with a software update IMO.

100% this. If you press it lightly, it's a small vibration under your finger, and then if you continue to press through that, it's a second vibration.

Reactions: foos
Upvote 0

Thank you. My bad. As always, the best way to obtain correct information is to post incorrect information 😁

Upvote 0
"very difficult" is an understatement. I shouldn't have to concentrate to feel it.
The funny thing is you’d think that Tesla would have good usability employees to test this stuff before released to the public. I’ve been a usability guy my entire life… doesn’t take long to see what works and what doesn’t.

Upvote 0