Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious to see what others have chosen to shod their Model Xs for wheels? I'm looking for 20" options on a LR and keeping the originals for winter with winter tires. Thus far, I've looked at Unplugged, T-Sportline, TireRack with probably something from T-Sportline leading my interest.

If you've got something that you like show it. Any and all comments welcome on their experience with the dealers above. TIA!

Reactions: NJturtlePower
I'm curious to see what others have chosen to shod their Model Xs for wheels? I'm looking for 20" options on a LR and keeping the originals for winter with winter tires. Thus far, I've looked at Unplugged, T-Sportline, TireRack with probably something from T-Sportline leading my interest.

If you've got something that you like show it. Any and all comments welcome on their experience with the dealers above. TIA!
Do not force yourself to choose from those "Tesla Aftermarket" Brands. Any type of wheel will fit so long as you match specs. Aerodynamics hardly matter compared to weight. I went with the Avant Garde M520R. I have zero regrets about it, they look so much better than anything else I've seen.

Do not force yourself to choose from those "Tesla Aftermarket" Brands. Any type of wheel will fit so long as you match specs. Aerodynamics hardly matter compared to weight. I went with the Avant Garde M520R. I have zero regrets about it, they look so much better than anything else I've seen.

I had a look on their website. Those look really nice! Thanks for the input.

I didn't add it in time for editing it - which color did you go with?

I'm waiting for the Martian Wheels MW05 to come out in 22" for the Model X.... the 22s should weigh about the same as the stock 20's from Tesla.

These are the 20" on the Model S:

1656899081343.png

I went with the same wheels as well. Now just waiting for the N2itive Kit to come in so I can install all in one shot
47981A0A-D6C2-4091-884D-7375EDC693E0.jpeg

I went with the same wheels as well. Now just waiting for the N2itive Kit to come in so I can install all in one shot View attachment 824589
Is that the gloss black or the gloss carbon flash? I can't really tell the difference on their website but yours certainly look very nice! I definitely want to see pictures once you get them installed.

Also, thanks for suggesting N2itive - never heard of them until you mentioned it. Eliminate Inner Tire & Premature Half-Shaft Wear On Tesla X/S!

Is that the gloss black or the gloss carbon flash? I can't really tell the difference on their website but yours certainly look very nice! I definitely want to see pictures once you get them installed.

Also, thanks for suggesting N2itive - never heard of them until you mentioned it. Eliminate Inner Tire & Premature Half-Shaft Wear On Tesla X/S!
It’s gloss black. I’ll share pics when installed.

No problem, I think it would be a good move to get a N2itive Kit. Been waiting since May for the N2itive to be in stock again but it’s a must wait before getting new tires IMO

Reactions: TrevTremaine

I went with the Gun Metal Grey- here is how they look on my X

It’s gloss black. I’ll share pics when installed.

No problem, I think it would be a good move to get a N2itive Kit. Been waiting since May for the N2itive to be in stock again but it’s a must wait before getting new tires IMO
Are you doing the N2itive kit on a refresh? The suspension parts seem to be pretty different now, I wonder if this kit is necessary anymore

I'm waiting for the Martian Wheels MW05 to come out in 22" for the Model X.... the 22s should weigh about the same as the stock 20's from Tesla.

These are the 20" on the Model S:

View attachment 824535
Hey there fellow Jersey X! 👍

I just snagged some Bronze MW05's (20") for my 2023 Ultra Red Model X LR. Kinda hate the OEM 20's but don't want to sacrifice range and anymore ride quality from my already installed N2ITIVE lowering links. I'll keep the OEM 20's as winter wheels.

Was going to go with a different brand (Stance SF10) but with the sale on these fully forged Martian's in the color I wanted I jumped on it. They are built to Model S offsets but at worst I'll just add some spacers where needed on these.

I'm going to reuse the OEM Continental tires (265 fronts / 275 rears) for now to save some cash.... just a 1/2 inch wider both front and rear so the tires will work just fine.

1708449034681.png

Reactions: JER85
I went with Dynan Hyper Kinetic 20X8.5 with 30mm offset to be able to rotate it. I picked these wheels for a couple of reasons. They have the appropriate load rating to be able to handle the weight of the Model X. Also, they're made for the Model X so the center hub bore is the correct size for the MX's hub. Plus they cost quite a bit less then Unplugged Performance or Martian.

As for tires I went with Continental CrossContact LX 25 275/45/20 all the way around. I wanted to use a narrower tire to help with range but again, due to load index, it will not support the weight of the X.

I really wanted to put 19" wheels on there but they physically do no clear the brake. Even though the calibers are taken straight from the Model S, the rotors is slightly bigger on the X.

Attachments

• IMG_3373.jpg
    IMG_3373.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3371.jpg
    IMG_3371.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3369.jpg
    IMG_3369.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3234.jpg
    IMG_3234.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3233.jpg
    IMG_3233.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 16
As for tires I went with Continental CrossContact LX 25 275/45/20 all the way around. I wanted to use a narrower tire to help with range but again, due to load index, it will not support the weight of the X.

I really wanted to put 19" wheels on there but they physically do no clear the brake. Even though the calibers are taken straight from the Model S, the rotors is slightly bigger on the X.
The CONTINENTAL CROSSCONTACT LX SPORT in 275/45/20 is currently the factory rear tire for all Refreshed LR Model X, but OEM wheel is 20x10 +35.

Compared to the OEM setup here's how your rear setup sits. 👀

1708880790941.png

FYI your pics come up super small so it's hard to tell, but they'll sit much more tucked in than OEM without some spacers.

What wheels were you riding on prior? What's you impressions on ride quality since the new setup?

Attachments

• X Wheels.jpg
    X Wheels.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 14
The CONTINENTAL CROSSCONTACT LX SPORT in 275/45/20 is currently the factory rear tire for all Refreshed LR Model X, but OEM wheel is 20x10 +35.

Compared to the OEM setup here's how your rear setup sits. 👀

View attachment 1021776

FYI your pics come up super small so it's hard to tell, but they'll sit much more tucked in than OEM without some spacers.

What wheels were you riding on prior? What's you impressions on ride quality since the new setup?
I was riding on the stock 20" cyberstream before this. They actually stick out just a little more than before due to the new wheels. No spacer, no rubbing. I think they ride better than my Michelin. Plus they have a longer warranty then Michelin.