Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model X Delivered Yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because in 3 years the difference in value of the car they received today will be $20K on kbb between 2021 and 2022. I'd NEVER accept a 2021 when 2022s have been being delivered for 2 months already. Plus it just spent 5 months sitting in the sun outside.

On the plus side, it will have radar still which means AP will actually work without trying to force cars behind to smash into it every 10 seconds.
My 2018 X100D has radar and the phantom breaking become horrible for about a couple of the last few months. At least the latest beta has it being way, way smoother.

If you are in the fsd beta. Radar is not used at all anymore. Only Tesla vision. Doesn’t matter if you are using tacc on the freeway or fsd on city streets. The only way to use radar again is to opt out of the fsd beta.
So basically if FSD was free and not $12K, I'd pay an opt out price just to not have it. Reliable phantom free braking tacc is way more useful to me than FSD.

Reactions: aerodyne
How do they exactly, know that their radar is working? I thought there was no way to truly tell?
Just reading the release notes and believing when Tesla says it is no longer being used. I do not own anything that can actually detect a radar signal, but even if it is on and producing a signal, I have to believe it is being ignored. Frankly, I've been impressed with how well Vision actually works. After all radar would never detect a bicycle, animal or pedestrian. I'm on 2021.44.30.21, so it has been a little while.

Not true. It’s only disabled if you are actively in the fsd beta.
I have the FSD Beta on my M3, our 2018 MX is using AP2.5 the MX hands down is a better setup. Several updates on the M3 for FSD so far it literally sucks to the point I stopped using it. Everyone in the car including myself are tired of the constant phantom breaking. Same roads traveled same issues every day that I activate it. IMO Tesla is sooooo far from FSD I doubt many of us will ever see it working 100%

Reactions: aerodyne
I have the FSD Beta on my M3, our 2018 MX is using AP2.5 the MX hands down is a better setup. Several updates on the M3 for FSD so far it literally sucks to the point I stopped using it. Everyone in the car including myself are tired of the constant phantom breaking. Same roads traveled same issues every day that I activate it. IMO Tesla is sooooo far from FSD I doubt many of us will ever see it working 100%
Do you have Enhanced Autopilot on your 2018? It gives you NoA, auto lane change, auto park, and some other features. Now, that is all part of FSD, but it was available separately in 2018. IMO, those are the most worthwhile parts of FSD. We have FSD Beta 10.10.2, on both of our cars, anxious to get to 10.11

I get frustrated by the Navigate on City Streets portion. Not so much by its actual driving, but by the stupid routes it chooses. I wish there was a better way to edit the routes, adding waypoints to the route doesn't cut it. I am sure I would feel better if I was using it in an unfamiliar city. But it drives me nuts using it near my own home.

Reactions: Prairie