Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Refreshed Model X - how does it do in the winter?

Given that the refreshed Model X is supposed to be using a heat pump, I'm looking to see if anyone who has received their X are noticing any issues with heat in cold climates? I'm asking after the issues with the Model Y/3 over heat pump failures and seeming lack of heat in the cabin. I'm finding that my wife's Model Y can warm up fine, but that once under way, the warmth in the cabin drops noticably - much more so than my Model S. I'm also wondering if the system in the X is as loud as the Y's.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Given that the refreshed Model X is supposed to be using a heat pump, I'm looking to see if anyone who has received their X are noticing any issues with heat in cold climates? I'm asking after the issues with the Model Y/3 over heat pump failures and seeming lack of heat in the cabin. I'm finding that my wife's Model Y can warm up fine, but that once under way, the warmth in the cabin drops noticably - much more so than my Model S. I'm also wondering if the system in the X is as loud as the Y's.
I'm a little confused because it doesn't seem that Toronto (your profile setting) gets that cold. -- that I thought is heat pump issues were at much colder areas.

dktx3Nv.jpg

AA3PQCy.jpg

I'm a little confused because it doesn't seem that Toronto (your profile setting) gets that cold. -- that I thought is heat pump issues were at much colder areas.

dktx3Nv.jpg

AA3PQCy.jpg
It has been affecting vehicles in areas that are certainly colder than Toronto, but I've noticed that my wife's Model Y heating is nowhere nearly as effective as my Model S. It wasn't noticeable last year, but this year it feels different, especially when the mercury dips below -15C. While I've not received the error message that failing vehicles have been going through, there have been failures in temperatures that are warmed than -30C - there seems to be a bit of randomness in it all.

I'm simply asking if anyone who does have a refreshed X whether they've experienced it.

Recent heat pump failures - software issue?

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC