Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model X - No Air Suspension?

Seattle Tom

Mar 31, 2016
Seattle, WA
I’m digging most of the X refresh (no judgment on yoke steering til I try it). And with a 2017 Model X I’m certainly in the target market for an upgrade in the next few years.

But I’ve searched Tesla.com and all the articles on the S and X refresh...and I can’t find any reference to air suspension. Especially since it just got reworked on the Raven models, there is no way that Tesla wouldn’t include that feature on these new redesigns, right?

Happy to have someone point me to the feature if it’s referenced anywhere. It’s a valuable benefit for S and X owners!

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo

gjunky

Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs
Mar 26, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I assume they kept last year’s adaptive dampening air suspension but I looked for it too and saw nothing except for the skateboard picture.
2016 model x and also in the market this year. Curious to see if there will be a plaid+ with 500 mile range

Tiger

Oct 31, 2016
Estonia
The designer says "All cars have adaptive air suspension, premium interior and sound."

img.jpg

Plan B

May 8, 2015
Portland OR
I’m certainly in the target market for an upgrade in the next few years!

And you are worried about that now when you might upgrade in the next few years, um ok.

If the X is still around in a few years I am sure it will be so different than now and yes it still has the air suspension.

Last edited:

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
I saw that, but today is is not there. My sales advisor says they do have air suspension and are expecting the website to update. Also confirmed 2" Class III towing, the website just says "standard towing".

Reactions: Rb48888 and jboy210

elguapo

Supporting Member
Apr 24, 2013
Maryland
As with everything Tesla, we will have to wait to find out. And, sometimes, we have to wait for the "lucky" few who take first delivery to tell us. I have a sub 500 VIN on my X. Never again.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC