Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any word on the yoke situation? I was ready to pull the lever and place an order on a new X to replace my 2017. But I just don't think I want a car with a "yoke." Is Tesla honestly going to put this in a family car?

Personally I don't think it will come as a standard option. 1. I read reports of NHTSA requesting more information as this may not pass federal standards. 2. I read this "yoke" would be an option as a secondary to the standard wheel, should it be approved by NHTSA.

My questions for the refresh:

1) Why did the long range version lose range with the refresh?
2) Where did the lower (200+ lbs) weight savings come from?
3) Is the new drive platform a "structural battery pack" even though it doesn't use the 4680s?
4) What state-of-charge range can it charge at the maximum rate?
5) Where did the extra 3 cubic feet of cargo space come from?

Reactions: msm859
Hi, folks//

Secondly, I'm thinking of trading in the old X. It's actually in pretty good shape. Anyone believe I can get a better price outside Tesla?? Suggestions.

thanks and best regards,

Bob

In my state, at least, trade-in value is deducted from the purchase price of the new vehicle BEFORE computing sales tax on the new car.

i.e. If you trade-in, rather than sell your old car, you don't pay sales tax on the equity you already have in your existing vehicle.

While I probably could have received more cash from my trade by working with Carmax, or a private buyer, trading directly to Tesla works out to be good enough for me when considering this tax break + decreased hassle.

Reactions: boonedocks
Personally I don't think it will come as a standard option. 1. I read reports of NHTSA requesting more information as this may not pass federal standards. 2. I read this "yoke" would be an option as a secondary to the standard wheel, should it be approved by NHTSA.

I sure hope you're right. Other than that questionable item, the updates were pretty tame but substantial.

Any word on the yoke situation? I was ready to pull the lever and place an order on a new X to replace my 2017. But I just don't think I want a car with a "yoke." Is Tesla honestly going to put this in a family car?
It looks like there will be a standard wheel sometime later but who knows when and when I ordered mine it listed the yoke as “included” which makes me believe it will later be an upgrade option when building but who knows this is Elon we are talking about

• Funny
Reactions: elguapo

Nothing that hints they are illegal so therefore they are legal. NHTSA may challenge but will probably lose if Tesla pushes back. Federal law does not prohibit the use of this one. They are just confirming (as if Tesla dis not already pass it by them). Where did you read the optional wheel?

I think it will be great. Give it a chance.

Reactions: boonedocks