Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! Has anyone received the new 2021.36.x load? Okay, if yes, are you also running the FSD beta button safety score routine? I ask as I wonder if those on the FSD “beta button bandwagon” (aka,b3) will get passed over for the 2021.36.x load?

@2021plaid
I have 2021.36, but I do not have FSD (and of course no FSD beta button/safety score). I am enjoying driving my car as I want to though 😁

I can't speak to whether FSD folks would get passed over for 2021.36, but that seems counterproductive because the updates brought by .36 seem to be unrelated to FSD (yoke button control updates, app control updates).

I have 2021.36, but I do not have FSD (and of course no FSD beta button/safety score). I am enjoying driving my car as I want to though 😁

I can't speak to whether FSD folks would get passed over for 2021.36, but that seems counterproductive because the updates brought by .36 seem to be unrelated to FSD (yoke button control updates, app control updates).
Well, I have yet to see, hear or read about anyone with a refreshed MS, FSD, and was beta button pusher reporting a load of 2021.36.x. The lack of comment is palpable.

Well, I have yet to see, hear or read about anyone with a refreshed MS, FSD, and was beta button pusher reporting a load of 2021.36.x. The lack of comment is palpable.
Yep, not a bad theory. I just don't think it makes sense (for Tesla to do it that way - almost like punishing FSD folks and not letting them have new yoke button behavior just for being part of the beta), is all, but you may be on to something

Last edited:
Tesla won't let people transfer their FSD that they never got to use from their crashed/old cars to new cars. They will definitely not refund anything.

I no longer think 36 is coming today.
Was .36 the one factory resetting cars? Or was it .32? Can not remember. Someone mentioned it also got pulled when they went into service for the issue.

Still stuck on firmware update v10.2(2021.32.20.1). I see that there are two newer updates after this. Are those exclusively for people who purchased FSD?
Nope, not exclusive to FSD (I don't have FSD and I have .36).

In fact, @jebinc has a theory that may be holding more merit with each passing day that the (initial) rollout of .36 is for non-FSD (or, FSD folks who haven't pressed the beta button).

@ADSpencer - I don't think there's a way to force updates; just be near wifi as much as you can and hope. @Venom tried to provide my car info to his SC to see if they could do just that and it didn't work.

In fact, @jebinc has a theory that may be holding more merit with each passing day that the (initial) rollout of .36 is for non-FSD (or, FSD folks who haven't pressed the beta button).

@ADSpencer - I don't think there's a way to force updates; just be near wifi as much as you can and hope. @Venom tried to provide my car info to his SC to see if they could do just that and it didn't work.

Me thinks @jebinc is right!

Still waiting for a FSD car with driver who "pushed the damn button," to report they have downloaded and installed 2021.36.x..... @2021plaid

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

I don't understand why the updates would be different. In theory if you pay 10k to activate FSD over the air, you don't install any sort of updates, it's baked into your current software. So if you paid 10k right now, you would get the FSD features on .36.