Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s really interesting is that this new .36 firmware does away with the soft press/hard press of the turn signals. If ever you wanted proof that these signals are a work in progress it’s this. Tesla has literally abandoned a HARDWARE feature implemented (independent soft or hard button-press detection) in favor of either press enabling the turn signals on full.

Just downloaded firmware 2021.36 on my MS-LR with no FSD. The yoke turn-signal improvement will be useful.
Can't find the bio-weapon option on my iPhone.
Just observed today that the sound (music) level in the car goes down a bit when you stop. I guess the system compensates for the road noise by raising the music sound level when it is in motion.
I have an Android so it may be slightly different, but on the climate screen, swipe up from the bottom is where bioweapon defense mode resides for me. See screenshots:

Screenshot_20211006-165242_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20211006-165248_Tesla.jpg

The auto sound leveling has been a nuisance since day 1 on these new S cars. I’m hoping they tone down the volume adjustment as it gets far too loud too easily by itself when you speed up.
Maybe this is the Automatic Noice Cancelling we are waiting on. They cancel the road noise by cranking Metallica. Problem solved, we dont need no high tech system. 🤣

Just downloaded firmware 2021.36 on my MS-LR with no FSD. The yoke turn-signal improvement will be useful.
Can't find the bio-weapon option on my iPhone.
Just observed today that the sound (music) level in the car goes down a bit when you stop. I guess the system compensates for the road noise by raising the music sound level when it is in motion.
Can you confirm if it’s a soft press to enable them or a hard press? i.e. did Tesla eliminate the soft press or the hard press?

I’ve not received 2021.36.x either yet, though.
I think you may be a unique case, having rejected several downloads so you can keep your dynotest functionality. I believe it is also accurate to say, no FSD MS LR or Plaids have seem 2021.36.x. I’ve been looking for someone to prove me wrong in multiple threads. No one has stepped forward as of yet. No one.

I think you may be a unique case, having rejected several downloads so you can keep your dynotest functionality. I believe it is also accurate to say, no FSD MS LR or Plaids have seem 2021.36.x. I’ve been looking for someone to prove me wrong in multiple threads. No one has stepped forward as of yet. No one.
It’s still early days. I’d not read too much into that. 2021.36.x is not wide release yet/only just started rolling out.

It’s still early days. I’d not read too much into that. 2021.36.x is not wide release yet/only just started rolling out.
It’s been floating around for about a week now. Time will tell. It is interesting that 100% of those here on TMC that reported getting it, are non FSD cars. Never saw that kind of differentiated release in the past - especially given the yoke improvements that are not FSD dependent.

It’s been floating around for about a week now. Time will tell. It is interesting that 100% of those here on TMC that reported getting it, are non FSD cars. Never saw that kind of differentiated release in the past - especially given the yoke improvements that are not FSD dependent.
Certainly possible, but I’d not bet on it quite yet. Only a few people got it in the last week until today.

I’m enjoying the turn signal/yoke update on .36. It seems to do a great job of turning off the signal once your turn is over, or more importantly, once your lane change is complete. And now that it knows when you’ve switched lanes and when to turn off the signal, it makes the soft touch (which no longer exists) unnecessary. Not having the soft touch seems to be an improvement because it means it’s now a lot harder to accidentally trigger a signal when you’re reaching for the scroll wheel.

Last edited:
I’m enjoying the turn signal/yoke update on .36. It seems to do a great job of turning off the signal once your turn is over, or more importantly, once your lane change is complete. And now that it knows when you’ve switched lanes and when to turn off the signal, it makes the soft touch (which no longer exists) unnecessary. Not having the soft touch seems to be an improvement because it means it’s now a lot harder to accidentally trigger a signal when you’re reaching for the scroll wheel.
Yes, without having gotten or used this update, I imagine this is a game changer. I think it now means you can find the signals by feel (the ridge in between) without accidentally activating them with the soft press. I’m actually excited for this change as it’s Tesla heading in the right direction. I can only think if this had been there from the start the reviewers wouldn’t have bashed the new yoke setup quite as hard.

Confirmation of @jebinc theory from @ Green on Twitter

1633616602132.png