Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given Green keeps seeing the ANC code, but it's not active, I am wondering if they are maybe running the ANC code in shadow mode to test it before releasing it.
This is a great point. Hopefully that means when it’s released it’s not half baked like the rest of the car 😁

In all seriousness though I sold my 3P to get the S primarily for air suspension and the noise cancellation so I am seriously hoping the update arrives by the time I finally get my car in a month.

Come on, you know you love having something to write about. 😂

As promised, an update; tl;dr Still no car and no resolution.

Sent this status to the Service manager.

“1) No loaner was waiting or available as confirmed, so they were going to get me the manager’s car, when he returned from another location in 60 minutes. I waited and he broke down (tow truck needed). Was then sent to Enterprise car rental

2). After confirming the vibration, the plan was to replace half shafts, alignment and wheel balance – and that I should plan to pick up my bastard at 4:45pm yesterday (11/10)

3). Got a msg around 4pm that the car was not ready, but it would be ready early today, as they were going to work on it over night (they didnt). They only completed rebalancing the tires installed at another SC a few weeks back and re tested the bastard car - the vibration was still there at 6pm on 11/10

4). Car was not touched today at all, as they don’t have a lift to put it up on (per the SC, communicated at 5pm)…. Citied they are a small shop and mine has to wait for a lift… (What was the appointment for then?)

5) No revised plan communicated to me as of 5pm today.

YO GUYS LOOKS LIKE @Atomadam GOT ARNR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Tigers @jebinc @cwanja

img_0225-jpeg.731884

Edit: Apparently ARNR has been enabled for some drivers, but I've seen no one on TMC as of yet:

Last edited:
YO GUYS LOOKS LIKE @Atomadam GOT ARNR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

img_0225-jpeg.731884
Is this part of 2021.40.5 for MS-LR and Plaid? Is so that will be great!

Yep - I'm installing 40.5.1 now (after getting 40.5 yesterday). Once done I'll get a video
Guys, apologies as I'm not getting solid video for some reason (will upload when I take a better one) but here's a sequence of photos that show the "Add Stop". Look at the Add Stop logo in the screenshots. First one is my "final" destination, then after adding one stop, and then another stop. @GrnSqrl @JD_TM3 @RobK

I'll try and take a better video and share shortly.
20211112_173339.jpg

One stop added

20211112_173354.jpg

this is after 2 stops added
20211112_173405.jpg

Report after using, please!
@WilliamG
Guys, this is ... Wow. I pulled over to share this.

Let me start by saying - this is 100% NOT active noise cancelling. I understand why they renamed it ARNR instead of ANC. It is not going to completely silence the cabin.

Okay, with that out of the way, it works! There was a period (about 5 minutes/3 miles of driving out of the neighborhood) where the ARNR had to calibrate.

After calibration, it works. Stated it was "optimized for front passengers" and toggling on and off, it is clear there is a noise reduction. It's hard to describe - but it's there. Kind of like a reduction in the tire rolling sound.

I took a video. The video doesn't pick up the subtle change for me in the driver's seat. I can share the video (DM me) but the video will not do it justice. You'll just see me toggle ARNR on and off.

That said, I was excited for this update, and now I know why Tesla renamed it. It's NOT ANC, but it is absolutely ARNR, and it works.

Note: I'm not in the FSD Beta

Tagging some that asked about this specifically:

@jebinc @WilliamG @2021plaid
@MP3Mike @Tigers @asimo3089 @RobK @Zaker89 @GrnSqrl

Let me start by saying - this is 100% NOT active noise cancelling. I understand why they renamed it ARNR instead of ANC. It is not going to completely silence the cabin.

Okay, with that out of the way, it works! There was a period (about 5 minutes/3 miles of driving out of the neighborhood) where the ARNR had to calibrate.

After calibration, it works. Stated it was "optimized for front passengers" and toggling on and off, it is clear there is a noise reduction. It's hard to describe - but it's there. Kind of like a reduction in the tire rolling sound.

I took a video. The video doesn't pick up the subtle change for me in the driver's seat. I can share the video (DM me) but the video will not do it justice. You'll just see me toggle ARNR on and off.

That said, I was excited for this update, and now I know why Tesla renamed it. It's NOT ANC, but it is absolutely ARNR, and it works.

Thanks for the report! Maybe this will help with the tire noise issue some are having with summer tires in cold/wet Seattle weather!

Edit: Just opted out of useless beta FSD for this!

@WilliamG

Oh hell yeah thanks dude for the write up! Glad to hear it does exactly what it says it will do!!!!! Awesome!!!!