Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sure as hell did not seem like it upon flooring it. Although I did kind of skip past the 30s, 40s and 50s pretty quick. I will take it for a drive here in about 15 and check.
Here's the problem description! @cwanja

• Vibration felt in accelerator pedal; passenger’s also feel it on the floor and through the console.
  • Occurs: between 38 – 58+ mph
  • Conditions: Constant speed (e.g., holding 43-47 mph +/-), or under very slight acceleration in this range, especially after transition from regen (green bar) to slight acceleration (bit of gray bar)
  • Frequency: Occurs more than 50% of the time; varies in intensity from drive to drive
  • Started: Developed around the 2000 mile odo mark
  • “Feels” more of an electrical issue (DU, inverter, controller of some sort) than mechanical, but Tesla SC “supposedly” replaced half shafts and did a 4-wheel alignment (Did not fix the problem)…
  • Not tires as condition existed with delivered summer tires and SC installed all season Continentals
  • Not alignment as car tracks fine, although yoke is not centered; now skewed slightly right (after SC visit).

Here's the problem description! @cwanja

• Vibration felt in accelerator pedal; passenger’s also feel it on the floor and through the console.
  • Occurs: between 38 – 58+ mph
  • Conditions: Constant speed (e.g., holding 43-47 mph +/-), or under very slight acceleration in this range, especially after transition from regen (green bar) to slight acceleration (bit of gray bar)
  • Frequency: Occurs more than 50% of the time; varies in intensity from drive to drive
  • Started: Developed around the 2000 mile odo mark
  • “Feels” more of an electrical issue (DU, inverter, controller of some sort) than mechanical, but Tesla SC “supposedly” replaced half shafts and did a 4-wheel alignment (Did not fix the problem)…
  • Not tires as condition existed with delivered summer tires and SC installed all season Continentals
  • Not alignment as car tracks fine, although yoke is not centered; now skewed slightly right (after SC visit).
So it is definitely there, really subtle in my opinion. And really inconsistent. I could replicate it two or three times in a row, then nothing for several acceleration. Try again, get it once, then nothing. Try it again, nothing. Slow down, rev up and its there.

For me, it is closer to 50 although that could just be the speedometer turning faster my eyes can catchup / looking up and down. No passenger to confirm the passenger side has it in the foot well.

So it is definitely there, really subtle in my opinion. And really inconsistent. I could replicate it two or three times in a row, then nothing for several acceleration. Try again, get it once, then nothing. Try it again, nothing. Slow down, rev up and its there.

For me, it is closer to 50 although that could just be the speedometer turning faster my eyes can catchup / looking up and down. No passenger to confirm the passenger side has it in the foot well.

@cwanja Yep, it caught the flu! Please register your VIN in the poll thread. BTW, what is your vin?

P.S. You may notice it more when it's colder....

@WilliamG

@cwanja Thanks! A bit discouraging, however... I was hoping the vibration only effected older vins....

Please log vin here.

@WilliamG @Mandarin

Reactions: impastu
@cwanja Thanks! A bit discouraging, however... I was hoping the vibration only effected older vins....

Please log vin here.

@WilliamG @Mandarin
I click on option in poll ))) MF433

Reactions: EndlessPlaid