Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It'd be so nice if people with EAP would say that whenever they get a feature. Would certainly reduce the amount of confusion. Also, the Tesla fan sites aren't helping, by making blanket statements like "2021.40.6 includes Active Road Noise Reduction."

Bleh...
I don't think this will actually quell confusion, and seeks to put the onus on those in EAP to actually know what is an EAP feature ...

I'm in EAP, but am given no indication that the software I get has EAP-only features. I think I was one of the first (at least, to post screenshots) with waypoints, which was widely available with the rollout of 40.5, but ARNR appears EAP-only with 40.6 - both screenshots looked exactly the same to me and neither feature suggested EAP-only access.

Only after an update is rolled out could this or any group compare to confirm it's EAP only. While you might say it will help the forum members distinguish, in this thread alone (and across the site), we know there are folks that don't actually read the thread before posting, so I don't think it'll do much there.

I'm happy to note I'm in EAP when I provide screenshots, but I'm not going to know if a feature is EAP-only. People are still going to end up confused.

I don't think this will actually quell confusion, and seeks to put the onus on those in EAP to actually know what is an EAP feature ...

I'm in EAP, but am given no indication that the software I get has EAP-only features. I think I was one of the first (at least, to post screenshots) with waypoints, which was widely available with the rollout of 40.5, but ARNR appears EAP-only with 40.6 - both screenshots looked exactly the same to me and neither feature suggested EAP-only access.

Only after an update is rolled out could this or any group compare to confirm it's EAP only. While you might say it will help the forum members distinguish, in this thread alone (and across the site), we know there are folks that don't actually read the thread before posting, so I don't think it'll do much there.

I'm happy to note I'm in EAP when I provide screenshots, but I'm not going to know if a feature is EAP-only. People are still going to end up confused.
Fair enough. The onus really should be on Tesla to state in the patch notes, but they may not know since they can pull something at the last moment before wide release.