Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked up a new S yesterday and were surprised to see it had 2021.44.6 installed and 2021.44.25.6 waiting to be installed. We drove it home and tried installing the update but it disappeared about 80% through when I opened the car door during install.

Isn't the .6 update for FSD beta? We have FSD on our other cars but removed it from this one so maybe it should get 2021.44.25.2 instead?

We picked up a new S yesterday and were surprised to see it had 2021.44.6 installed and 2021.44.25.6 waiting to be installed. We drove it home and tried installing the update but it disappeared about 80% through when I opened the car door during install.

Isn't the .6 update for FSD beta? We have FSD on our other cars but removed it from this one so maybe it should get 2021.44.25.2 instead?
Yeah 2021.44.25.2 should be the one for you if you don't have Beta. I guess the car maybe picked up the wrong update lol!🙂

I just got the notice that 2021.44.25.2 is ready to install.

On two separate occasions my car volume jumped to 9 (max) when we entered the car and it started playing songs from my iPhone. It was extremely loud. Has anyone experienced this phenomena? I wonder how the volume could jump from "2" to "9" on its own?
i find this really annoying as well. sometimes i listen to my music loud, get home, and then step out of my car. when i get back inside later or the next day, I jolt from the last recorded volume setting.

...i wish it wasnt like this. i wish there was a setting where the volume would reset back to 2 or 3 or whatever number that wouldnt give you a heart attack.
i think my previous car had something like this

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨Ok guys I have decided on and have been approved to (with the gracious assistance of @danny) a new name: EndlessPlaid!!🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
This is name is inspired by my all time favorite feature of the Model S Plaid and the Plaid powertrain in general: Its nearly endless output of power with its nearly flat power curve!!!!!!

2021plaid becomes EndlessPlaid!

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨Ok guys I have decided on and have been approved to (with the gracious assistance of @danny) a new name: EndlessPlaid!!🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
This is name is inspired by my all time favorite feature of the Model S Plaid and the Plaid powertrain in general: Its nearly endless output of power with its nearly flat power curve!!!!!!

2021plaid becomes EndlessPlaid!
It can’t be a power curve if it doesn’t curve! 😂

Will you do draggy runs? 1/4 mile, 0-60, etc??
Yes I have a draggy never used it in my plaid. I should since it was lowered and massive size 335 rear tires hooks up great. just waiting to install new rotors and pads to fully drive it. I have 2 plaids only 1 got update not sure why 2nd one has not got it yet. I have one set up as track car with 20s and wide tires and 2nd one lowered and wheels but stock 21 tires. only doing the brake upgrade on track set up