Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I have a draggy never used it in my plaid. I should since it was lowered and massive size 335 rear tires hooks up great. just waiting to install new rotors and pads to fully drive it. I have 2 plaids only 1 got update not sure why 2nd one has not got it yet. I have one set up as track car with 20s and wide tires and 2nd one lowered and wheels but stock 21 tires. only doing the brake upgrade on track set up
Please elaborate on track brake setup!

Yes I have a draggy never used it in my plaid. I should since it was lowered and massive size 335 rear tires hooks up great. just waiting to install new rotors and pads to fully drive it. I have 2 plaids only 1 got update not sure why 2nd one has not got it yet. I have one set up as track car with 20s and wide tires and 2nd one lowered and wheels but stock 21 tires. only doing the brake upgrade on track set up
Can't wait for the results!

Please elaborate on track brake setup!
I am not sure yet if I want to do a full BBK upgrade or keep factory calipers and do larger rotors and better pads.

They are local to me, I am driving over there tomorrow to figure out which way I want to go.

Keep stock calipers these are my 2 options.

If I do full BBK option then its one of these 2.

I am not sure yet if I want to do a full BBK upgrade or keep factory calipers and do larger rotors and better pads.

They are local to me, I am driving over there tomorrow to figure out which way I want to go.

Keep stock calipers these are my 2 options.

If I do full BBK option then its one of these 2.

thanks. Please keep us apprised of your train of thought, decisions and experiences. I've penciled brakes upgrades into the 2H22 budget.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
sorry crappy pics taken with my phone of the screen. I need to drive it to test out all the settings. It also has a warm up phase like when you do drag race setting and I did not have time to sit in my driveway while that heats up.

Attachments

• 20220105_102523.jpg
    20220105_102523.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220105_102651.jpg
    20220105_102651.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220105_102708.jpg
    20220105_102708.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220105_102731.jpg
    20220105_102731.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20220105_102734.jpg
    20220105_102734.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 62
I just got the 44.30 update loaded on my Plaid. In reading about it, different articles say that in track mode the brakes are better. Does anyone know how they are "BETTER"?
Peddle "feel" has been reported as a change. No facts (stopping distance numbers, Dragy times, etc.) have been provided, yet , re brakes or possible performance changes (one way or the other). Only conformed change is top speed to 175MPH.

Just downloaded 2021.44.30.6 this morning. Apparently this contains some fix for heat pump. No additional functionalities or changes in the release notes.

For the last few updates I have found that I am not getting notified when a SW is ready for install. I checked my notification on my iPhone APP and they are set correctly. Ironically it sends me a message when the SW is done installing.

Just downloaded 2021.44.30.6 this morning. Apparently this contains some fix for heat pump. No additional functionalities or changes in the release notes.

For the last few updates I have found that I am not getting notified when a SW is ready for install. I checked my notification on my iPhone APP and they are set correctly. Ironically it sends me a message when the SW is done installing.

Same for me, no notifications. I have to check in the app. As for 2021.44.30.6, it's effectively for the heat pump in very cold weather. Will test today as yesterday my car started blowing cold air in the middle of a trip...

You can read more on this update: Critical Tesla heat pump fixes coming in 2021.44.30.6 software update [Update]

and a very detailled explanation of the issues on this Twitter thread at:

Same issue. I am either notified through TeslaMate showing an update pending or I just open the app. Probably a mobile app bug.

2021.44.30.7 installed this afternoon. It's starting to feel like Microsoft in years past.