Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your car makes me love white again. I had nothing but white vehicles for about 20 years, recently, have migrated to the silver/midnight silvermetallic range. I love how yours looks. Especially with those black wheels. Very nice.

You know what's funny, I have had a bunch of white cars for the past couple of decades as well. I find myself liking every color of the X that I see. I feel bad for not picking the colors I see, until I see the Midnight Silver, my final choice. I truly don't think that you can pick a bad color, they all look good to me. But, I have seen some interesting interior/exterior color combinations though. As the saying goes, to each their own. Enjoy in good health ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks everyone!

This is my first white car and I opted for the pearl white instead of solid because it glistens so well. It was time for a change and all the pictures I have seen of S & X that were white with matte black looked amazing. I think the white shows off all the lines so well, every time I see the car I still can't believe its mine! My previous cars were either blue or grey metallic.

Looks like you had a nice trip to Red Rocks! Your car looks gorgeous.
Red Rocks is basically my backyard, so I figured it was only right to take photos there!

I made an appointment to have the chrome delete (matte black wrap the chrome) done this Thursday. So look out for pictures on Thursday evening when I pick it up!

Thanks Erik

Reactions: Krebnarb
Erik where in Denver metro are you talking your car for paint protection and wrap? Might you share any of your quoted prices? Still on the fence about wrapping my July delivered pearl white MX 90D. Was told black paints will really show paint dings while white won't. I dunno bout that...

Erik where in Denver metro are you talking your car for paint protection and wrap? Might you share any of your quoted prices? Still on the fence about wrapping my July delivered pearl white MX 90D. Was told black paints will really show paint dings while white won't. I dunno bout that...

Sorry for the late reply, I was in Fremont from my factory tour and was enjoying a long weekend there for my birthday. I am going with Steve @ Colorado detail. I actually drop my car off tomorrow for the nano-fusion & opti-coat on the exterior, interior, and windows. I would have to check to see what the total cost is tomorrow.

Thanks Erik

I just picked up my car from Steve at Colorado Detail. They did a great job with the nano-fusion film and the opti-coat! The car looks even more stunning and shimmers very nicely in the sunlight.

Originally I had chrome delete done before I brought the car to Steve. It turns out the company who did it used plasti-dip (or something very similar) on all the back pieces (lettering and emblem) and the front (the "v" on the nose, the flaps next to the lights) and then wrapped everything else on the sides. The wrap looks really good, a few places are meh, but good for the most part. The plasti-dip all came out very rough and over spray all over the front nose. I wasn't very pleased and am still talking with them. When I met with Steve I was talking to him about it and he suggested professionally painting it. I was a bit apprehensive because I don't like it to be permanent. However since it was very rough, and I wasn't happy with it, I went with having Colorado Detail fix all the plasti-dip to be painted. He will re-install all the painted items this Wednesday. He has been great this whole time and really helping fix what another place did to it.

I'm not 100% sure what other places charge for the nano-fusion and opti-coat. While it wasn't cheap, Steve did an excellent job and I would certainly take another car there.

Thanks Erik

20160618_075205.jpg

Here's a picture without the front chrome that was removed for him to paint it.
20160618_075155.jpg

Reactions: Tech_Guy
If we are ever in close proximity, we must get a picture of the cars next to each other! Two different colors, both blacked out.

Thanks Erik
Hey Erik, I know we aren't supposed to talk price on this forum, but could you share what you paid for the wrap, and which areas were wrapped, if not the whole car? Thanks. Waiting on my X, and don't want to blow a wad with wrapping and paint protection.

@jsollender I did have Steve @ Colorado Detail do the nano-fusion film from the A-pillars forward, opti-coat on the car, opti-coat on the glass, and opti-coat on the interior. That was ~$4,400. When does your X arrive?! My S is also pearl white and it cleans up very easily after the nano-fusion/opti-coat.

Now for an update on my chrome delete......

I paid $1,000 for the wrap/plasti-dip. And am in the process of paying another 2k+ to have everything taken off and professionally painted. The wrap was a bust. The plasti-dip was no good.

I already have everything on the front and back of the car painted. The sides will be done in time. While more expensive it will be much better in the long run. The door handles will have zero chrome on them (wrapping can leave some chrome on the corners and some visible chrome on other parts), my auto fold mirrors aren't currently opening/closing due to the wrap getting in the way, etc..

So my advise, ditch the wrap idea if anyone is leaning that direction. Just get it painted from the start. Steve at Colorado Detail is fixing everything and it has come out great so far.

Thanks Erik