Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I just picked up my Pearl White 90D yesterday and thought I would post some photos! So far I have switched out my 19" Slipstreams for 19" matte black TSportline. I also added the TSportline lug nut covers (They really look great and cover up the factory lug nuts). I also used the factory center caps after 5-6 coats of matte black paint.

Today I had Huper Optic ceramic tint. The sides/back have 30% and the front has 70%. It looks great!

This coming week I am dropping the car off to have all the chrome wrapped in matte black and then its off to get nano-fusion wrap and opti-coat on the car, windows, and interior!

Enjoy the photos!

Thanks Erik

Tesla 1.jpg
Tesla 2.jpg
Tesla 3.jpg
Tesla 4.jpg
Tesla 5.jpg
Tesla 6.jpg
Tesla 7.jpg
Tesla 8.jpg
Tesla 9.jpg
Tesla 10.jpg

Was just wondering, because without the plate, that front bracket is rather distracting.
- Agreed. I do think the bracket is much less obtrusive with a front plate.

I like it. A little bit less bulk than the silicone fob covers. Kinda like a "fob thong". :)
- And that is what I will be calling them! "Fob Thong"! :)

Erik,
Do you have the AIr suspension?
- Yes, I do. I ordered all the options except the rear facing seats and the high amperage charger upgrade.

Your car looks amazing. I can't wait to see it with the chrome blacked out. I hade mine done at EAS in the Springs and opted for the grey tsportlines.
- Thank you! I am going to send you a message now. I had one company booked and haven't heard back in over a week, called another and haven't heard back yet. So I might need a new company to do the work...

Thanks Erik

Reactions: SharonB
@Boourns I am very happy with the tint! I can already tell the car is much cooler after sitting in the sun. My last car (2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid) had 20% tint and I really liked how dark it was, however it wasn't ceramic so it got much hotter in the sun. While I probably would have had 20% installed if they had it, I am still very happy with the 30%.

Thanks Erik

Erik,

First, thanks for the PM! Second, I loooooove your S! It looks amazing with the Pearl White and dark wheels! My wife has the X in Pearl White with the factory black wheels, and it looks incredible, too. Hers is going in for tint and a wrap tomorrow.

Just another quick thought, since you are going with the the vinyl wrap on the chrome; have you thought about matching (or closely matching) the Pearl White on your handles and also going black with the chrome surrounds on the window? It might be a little less contrast on the handles vs. the white doors. Here is a pic of what I am talking about:
IMG_9718.jpg

Last edited:
@H2OU Yes, I have contemplated that quite a lot. I have heard it being done on solid white Teslas, but not on any that are pearl white. I would be concerned with the wrap color being able to match the car. I will have to ask EAS when I call them tomorrow.

If you're ever near Morrison let me know and you can check it out. Especially if I can get some pictures of your pearl white X next to my pearl white S!

Thanks Erik

Erik,

I think it may be hard to identically match the handles, but wanted to throw out the possibility. Against the white, the chrome is very tolerable. We'll have to get some side-by-side pics of your S and the X, but in the mean time, here is a pic of the X (not a great pic, however):

Attachments

• IMG_3499.JPG
    IMG_3499.JPG
    360.8 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: DÆrik
Erik,

I think it may be hard to identically match the handles, but wanted to throw out the possibility. Against the white, the chrome is very tolerable. We'll have to get some side-by-side pics of your S and the X, but in the mean time, here is a pic of the X (not a great pic, however):

Love the X! Pearl white with black rims is certainly a winning combination! Did you go with T-Sportline rims or the Onyx Black that Tesla offers?

I was given a P90DL X for the day as a loaner before I took delivery of my S so that I could test out the garage outlets that were installed and ensured they work. All the other new features I love. I probably would have purchased an X if the 2nd row seats folded down. But that's a whole other thread!

Thanks Erik

Love the X! Pearl white with black rims is certainly a winning combination! Did you go with T-Sportline rims or the Onyx Black that Tesla offers?

I was given a P90DL X for the day as a loaner before I took delivery of my S so that I could test out the garage outlets that were installed and ensured they work. All the other new features I love. I probably would have purchased an X if the 2nd row seats folded down. But that's a whole other thread!

Thanks Erik

Erik,
The wheels are the 22" black wheels as an option. We did go with the 6-seat option, and love the space it provides. 3 across the 2nd row (7 seat) would kill the daily usability of the X, in our opinion. In the 6-seat version with the 3rd row folded down, the back is very usable, but not quite as big as the S with the rear seats down. I have the S on order, but the X is pretty amazing! If we only had one Tesla in the family, the X P90D is tough to beat. I'm looking forward to my S P90DL, however!

Reactions: omega731