Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Rear Center Console - Hows it work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the new model, to lower you press the button to release. To lock it back up, should you just need to push up and it will mechanically latch or do you fold up and press that same button? I ask because I cannot get mine to stay up, but then randomly it will lock. Thinking its mechanical and not tied to the digital release button. I have a service appt. to have the whole thing replaced.

In the new model, to lower you press the button to release. To lock it back up, should you just need to push up and it will mechanically latch or do you fold up and press that same button? I ask because I cannot get mine to stay up, but then randomly it will lock. Thinking its mechanical and not tied to the digital release button. I have a service appt. to have the whole thing replaced.
Mine makes a mechanical noise when I push the button, pauses, than makes that same noise in reverse, but it will not latch in the upright position and keeps falling back down.