Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed S Jack Pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a refreshed model S and want to know if there are specific pads available. I have the pads for my model 3 and the peg diameter is too small for the S holes. Also, there are three holes at each jack point on the S and it is not clear which hole to insert the peg.

I also have hockey pucks and these should work if specific pads are not available.

As mentioned Model 3 and Model S/X were not compatible.
Ah I see, you are correct. I didn't notice the ones I bought were "updated" for 2022 and had a different size to fit all models.

For more information the ones that fit on my Refresh S are 1.036" at the O-ring and 0.935" without. With the o-ring compressed its pretty much exactly 1".

Reactions: mswlogo
Thanks everyone! I just ordered an O ring kit from Amazon to replace the smaller diameter O ring on my jack pads.

Attachments

• O Ring Kit.jpg
    O Ring Kit.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: cmarshack
Thanks everyone! I just ordered an O ring kit from Amazon to replace the smaller diameter O ring on my jack pads.
I removed the original O rings and installed 18mm OD X 2.3mm ID rubber O rings referenced in my previous post. These worked perfectly to keep the jack pads in the center holes prior to jacking the car up. The TWCC box list the thickness as 4mm, but the O rings are actually 2.3mm thick.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: cmarshack and pengy
Which Pads did you end up getting for the 22 Model S? I have tried 2 from Amazon that was suppose to fit with high reviews but as mentioned the peg diameter is too small from center hole so they fall immediately.

Or you just did the oring from the kit as you posted? Do they sell that one size as in do not need the full kit.

I removed the original O rings and installed 18mm OD X 2.3mm ID rubber O rings referenced in my previous post. These worked perfectly to keep the jack pads in the center holes prior to jacking the car up. The TWCC box list the thickness as 4mm, but the O rings are actually 2.3mm thick.
This is a great call out. I was able to use my older pads, but it was a PITA because i had to line them up while slowly raising the jack. I just ordered some orings so I can modify them to stay in place.

I have a refreshed model S and want to know if there are specific pads available. I have the pads for my model 3 and the peg diameter is too small for the S holes. Also, there are three holes at each jack point on the S and it is not clear which hole to insert the peg.

I also have hockey pucks and these should work if specific pads are not available.
The two outer holes are for the large bolts that mount the pads to the frame. Only the center hole of the 3 is for the pad/puck insertion. We have learned that those mounted jack point pads are often destroyed by running over a curb. Good news is that they protect the frame and batteries as an ablative component. Easily replaceable and not expensive, $50 to $70 on eBay.

This is where having a 3d printer or knowing someone with one is fun. Picked up 4 hockey pucks for $8 total. Found a model I liked on Thingiverse 3d Puck Adapter however these are sized for the model 3 hole. Played around with increasing size and found 103% was perfect for the refresh 2021+ Model S with my printer. Used PLA with 80% infill. Decided to machine some shallow blind holes on the reverse side of the puck to be able to snap them together for convenient/compact storage. Works wonderfully in all respects.

I have seen some comments that you should get the aluminum ones because a hockey puck will squish. BS! A hockey puck needs about 40 tons to squish, your entire car is a little over 2 tons. Hockey Puck VS Hydraulic Press

IMG_0504.jpg

img_0503-jpg.790510

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 502
Last edited: