Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Tesla Model X issues: frozen camera, brake fault, high voltage system fault, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got pushed to 2022.12.3.12.

Not sure what all is in it other than max autopilot speed bump from 80 to 85. This is welcomed. I have been put in jail numerous times for going over 80 on AP.
When you try to drive above 80 mph on Autopilot, it’s not possible to disengage it for several seconds using the wheel button. This happens even if you immediately reduce the speed below 80 mph.

Does the volume of navigational instructions increase for you when the car slows down? I think this happens only sometimes, but I noticed this dozens of times. Once, it got 2-3 times louder right after saying something else with a lower volume. So, it definitely can’t be explained by the changes in the background noise or perception.

When you try to drive above 80 mph on Autopilot, it’s not possible to disengage it for several seconds using the wheel button. This happens even if you immediately reduce the speed below 80 mph.

What you describe is not an issue for me. I have disengaged properly many times when I’m actually paying attention.

My issue has been being on AP at 75 and then manually speeding up to pass and going 85. Car doesn’t like. So I appreciate the update.

Reactions: jc368
Confirmed: 2022.12.3.3 does not fix the issue with the car computer overheating.

After a 10-day diagnostic, Tesla has decided to release the car back to me with "operates nominally on the latest software". Not sure how they came to that conclusion because they only pushed the update. I installed 2022.13.3.3 myself at a parking lot near the service center. Then, I went to the Golden Gate Bridge for a test drive. The results are below.
  • Not responding touchscreen - reproduced 4 times, started in ~2.5 hours, before preheating and supercharging.
  • Outdated feed from the backup camera (this issue was the reason for the official recall) - continuously reproduced for 1 hour, started in ~3 hours, before supercharging.
  • Not responding car computer with black screens - reproduced 5 times, started in ~3.5 hours when supercharging.
  • Spontaneous car computer restarts - reproduced 5 times, started in ~3.5 hours when supercharging.

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.17.30 PM.jpg

Last edited:
The detailed test results for firmware 2022.12.3.3:
  • Outdated feed from the backup camera - reproduced
  • No signal from the side cameras - not reproduced
  • False input from physical controls. Reproduced multiple times for the left wheel button on the yoke (scroll up and press) and the honk button on the yoke - not reproduced
  • False signal from proximity sensors - not reproduced
  • False signal from open door sensors - not reproduced
  • Not working outside temperature indicator - not reproduced
  • Spontaneous activation of autonomous parking (when disabled in the settings) - not reproduced
  • Spontaneous activation of the service mode. The vehicle shows: "Do not drive. Improper use may cause damage or injury" - not reproduced
  • Brake fault - not reproduced
  • Parking brake fault - not reproduced
  • Steering assist fault - not reproduced
  • High-voltage system fault - not reproduced
  • Powertrain requires service - not reproduced
  • Air suspension requires service - not reproduced
  • Variety of charging faults - not reproduced
  • Not responding touchscreen in some apps - reproduced, new issue
  • False and missing navigation instructions while using Navigate on Autopilot - not reproduced
  • Not responding computer, even on the restart command - reproduced, more frequently
  • Spontaneous computer restart - reproduced, more frequently
  • Spontaneous error beeps of different sounds - not reproduced
  • False accident maneuver (the connection with the "computer overheating issue" isn't confirmed) - not reproduced