Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Tesla Model X issues: frozen camera, brake fault, high voltage system fault, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car came with that software version on 3/31. Since then I have received multiple updates. Make sure you are set to advanced in your Software update setting is my only advice. All vehicles I have ever received from Tesla ship with an old software.
Agree. I took delivery 3/13 with old software.

Was pretty quickly upgraded to 2022.8.3. I received 2022.12.1 on 4/9. Received 2022.12.3 today but haven’t installed yet.

What happens for you if you dont drive 2 hrs? Does none of this happen? Not even the temp gauge?
Right, almost no issues in short trips. Though once Navigation on Autopilot went crazy and it was giving wrong instructions with an extreme frequency. But that was close to 2 hours.
In my tests to confirm it was no longer an issue "for me' I drove 90 miles on one trial and drove down to 7% on another trial and always used preconditioning.

In my opinion, this is not enough for the verification. Drive at least 2 times longer or more, supercharge to 100% and use the backup camera. The supercharger triggered the issue for me only at the very end of the charge to 100%. That was the worst episode with the most severe symptoms.

Also for you questing a bit back. Crashing and odd behavior can also happen to a cpu when there is a memory leak, buffer fills, fluctuations in voltage, etc.
Right. Tesla is using C programming language, and this is the least safe programming language for memory management. I think almost no apps in the world written in C have no memory leaks, even simple ones.

Right, almost no issues for short trips. Though once Navigation on Autopilot went crazy and it was giving wrong instructions with an extreme frequency. But that was close to 2 hours.

In my opinion, this is not enough for the verification. Drive at least 2 times longer or more, supercharge to 100% and use the backup camera. The supercharger triggered the issue for me only at the very end of the charge to 100%. That was the worst episode with the most severe symptoms.

Right. Tesla is using C programming language, and this is the least safe programming language for memory management. I think almost no apps in the world written in C have no memory leaks, even simple ones.
I will correct my self in the fact that when I went down to 7% that was 150+ miles and nearly 4 hours with preconditioning. My issue was a bit different that yours in that I could cause this to happen on “every” trip long or short as long as I preconditioned. Every single trip lol

I will correct my self in the fact that when I went down to 7% that was 150+ miles and nearly 4 hours with preconditioning. My issue was a bit different that yours in that I could cause this to happen on “every” trip long or short as long as I preconditioned. Every single trip lol
It seems that they might have multiple issues causing the same symptoms. In my engineering experience, this happened only in the worst poorly written projects that required major refactoring.

Why do you assume the are using base C as their default language? That would be extremely inefficient. Also code that was posted by greenthe0ry on twitter has classes, base C has no classes. Now they could be using C++ which is fine

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Hey everyone - is it normal for the doors to "wear-in" over time? I picked up my MX LR Refresh 3 weeks ago, only I have really been in it.

I've noticed the drivers door needs a lot less force to close now than my passenger door. I'm not sure if its loose, if it's breaking in, if there's something else...I might be overthinking it especially since there are motors with this door.

Hey everyone - is it normal for the doors to "wear-in" over time? I picked up my MX LR Refresh 3 weeks ago, only I have really been in it.

Yes, the seals do soften over time.

I've noticed the drivers door needs a lot less force to close now than my passenger door. I'm not sure if its loose, if it's breaking in, if there's something else...I might be overthinking it especially since there are motors with this door.

Often the glass on the passenger front door comes misaligned such that it makes it difficult to close. If that is the case they should be able to adjust it fairly easily.

Reactions: bhzmark

Same happened to me after a few weeks. I have been taking my son to school lately and the passenger door closes just as easy now as well. No problems for me just seems to be breaking in. It was hard as hell to close initially

The current number of known affected owners is 8, and it keeps growing. Most are the refreshed Model X, but the list also includes the refreshed Model S and the updated Model 3 with the same graphics card by AMD.
Make it 9. I have similar issues, seems to be triggered only by supercharging and so far hard reset after super charging seems to solve all issues… what a pita though …

Reactions: mr-dmitry
Make it 9. I have similar issues, seems to be triggered only by supercharging and so far hard reset after super charging seems to solve all issues… what a pita though …
For me, the reset helped only for a short period of time before the issue reoccurred. Only a prolonged cool down resolved the issue for another two hours. This also proves that we aren’t dealing with a memory leak here, and it’s likely overheating.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Make it 10 people then. On a road trip in my 2022 MX Long Range, charging at a supercharger starting at SoC of about 15%. My steering wheel touch button lights flicker and the charge rate fluctuates up and down before settling to 248kWh.

Upon finishing charging at around 85%, i put the car in reverse to leave and noticed that the backup cams frozen. UI for entering destination address very slow and laggy. GPS location doesn’t update.

Got in the highway and the car will allow autopilot to engage but will give the take over alert just 30 seconds in. Cameras still frozen during drive and GPS still frozen.

Two scroll wheel reset while driving. Seemed to fix all problems.

Thought it was a one off. but same thing happened again on a subsequent supercharge on the road trip.

Reactions: mr-dmitry